- Job Listing Date
- 7 Dec 2018
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Natural Resources & Water
Grass Management Machine Operator
Email: Please click the 'Apply Now' button below.
We love water and love life. What we do makes a vital contribution to Melbourne’s famous lifestyle. We achieve this by supplying high quality drinking water, providing outstanding sewerage services, integrating drainage systems, building resilience to flooding and by enhancing our waterway and land for greater community use. It’s a pride we share in helping to make greater Melbourne a fantastic place to live.
You’ll have the opportunity to make a difference and add to our work environment, within a place where you can learn and perform to your fullest potential.
Our Waterways and Land Delivery Team are now recruiting a Grass Management Machine Operator to work in various locations across our inner and outer North East region of Melbourne.
As a Grass Management Machine Operator you’ll be responsible for the execution of a grass management program and when required during non-peak season times you’ll assist filed crews with natural resources management and occasional civil works on Melbourne Water’s Waterways and Land assets. In this hands-on position you will be a valued member of teams delivering works to protect our waterways, drains and water supply assets whilst being supported with ongoing training, mentoring and coaching from dedicated and experienced Senior Leading Hands, Team Leaders, and Supervisors.
Make an Impact
Become part of a talented and passionate team dedicated to enhancing life and liveability in Melbourne and beyond. Doing truly meaningful work in a supportive and inclusive culture that encourages you to make the most of your talents.
We provide a range of employee benefits that will make your experience working at Melbourne Water both professionally and personally rewarding.
Melbourne Water is committed to flexible working. We offer a variety of flexible arrangements to suit our employees varied needs and the business, including Staggered crew start and finish times, purchased leave, RDO’s, part time work. We understand that Melbourne Water and our customers benefit from enabling our employees to achieve balance in work and life.
Our people are passionate, welcoming and inclusive. We welcome applications from everyone, including people with disability, mature age and young job seekers, members of the LGBTI+ community, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Melbourne Water welcomes and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Your Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated experience operating heavy plant and equipment to undertake grass management with relevant certificate of competency
- Experience in natural resource management, grass maintenance or civil asset maintenance
- Certificate/ Diploma in Civil/Environmental disciplines or relevant related work experience
- Other qualifications such as Industry White Card, Chainsaw Ticket, Confined Space Entry, Fall Prevention, Plant Machinery competency, etc.
- Ability to take responsibility for own role in ensuring the safety of all team members and other personnel on site
- Problem solving skills, including the ability to deliver the appropriate outcomes
- Sound interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a wide range of people both within Melbourne Water, external organisations and with the general public
- Ability to work under pressure and in emergency situations
Please Note: All employees must possess a license to perform any duty which is required to be held under Australian legislation.
Please note as a Grass Management Machine Operator a Police Check, Health Assessment and Victorian Driver’s License are required for this position.
For more information, please see the attached Position Description: PD - Grass Management Machine Operator .pdf [link removed]
How to apply
Click on the "apply" button and complete the online application form.