Corporate Governance Research Associate: Indonesia, Thailand and Southeast Asia
Advertiser: CGI Glass LewisMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Jan 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Banking & Financial Services, Analysis & Reporting
CGI Glass Lewis is a subsidiary of Glass, Lewis & Co., a leading independent proxy research and vote agency services firm. CGI Glass Lewis is currently looking for multiple Research Associates to join our Proxy Research team in our office based in the Sydney CBD. Candidates with Indonesian and Thai language skills are encouraged to apply.
These are temporary positions (through mid-June), while a full-time position may become available.
As a member of the tight-knit, fun-loving and diverse Proxy Research team, you will conduct corporate governance research on publicly-listed companies in Indonesia, Thailand, and other Southeast Asian countries and make draft recommendations to institutional investors on how they should vote at their portfolio companies' shareholder meetings. You will comb through publicly disclosed information (e.g. stock exchange announcements including annual reports and notices of meeting, company press releases, news articles, etc.) to collect corporate governance-related data on each company to which you have been assigned. Then, working under close supervision from the team's analysts, you will analyse each company's governance practices within a policy-based framework of market best practices. The bulk of your time will be spent analysing company board structures and executive remuneration packages. This role does not involve a significant amount of quantitative analysis but requires an ability to read between the lines to understand not just what is said but what is meant.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn about the corporate legal framework, to research publicly-traded companies, including their executives and directors, and to work at the forefront of the corporate governance field.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Excellent English writing skills, as well as native-level reading skills in Indonesian or Thai.
- Strong analytical writing and research skills (emphasis on qualitative analysis)
- Ability to quickly comprehend and summarise complex subjects
- Ability to process data quickly and accurately
- Must work effectively under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Genuine interest or knowledge of corporate law, regulation, finance
- Current authority to work in Australia
- The desire to work in a fun and fast-paced environment with other bright people is a must!
- Native or business level Bahasa Indonesia and Thai language skills
- Good understanding of financial markets and instruments.
- Work experience conducting qualitative analysis and writing research reports.
- A keen interest in listed companies in Indonesia, Thailand and other Southeast Asian markets and corporate governance issues will be looked upon . This may include company board structures, director independence, employee incentive plans capital raisings.
For further information about CGI Glass Lewis, please visit our website at www.glasslewis.com.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?