- Job Listing Date
- 8 Jan 2019
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Systems Engineering
Momentum Engineering is an independent, Australian owned and operated company providing engineering consulting and project management services that provide flexible, practical and efficient services to the Energy and Resource Sector. Our customers are companies seeking an understanding, co-operative and effective approach to their needs.
We provide services for the planning, development and delivery of new projects and the optimisation, modification, operation and maintenance of existing facilities. Our area of expertise is the Energy and Resource Industry and we provide services and solutions from offshore production facilities to onshore gas transmission.
We are seeking to fill the Design Systems Manager position, which is a key position within the company. The role is to provide the management of CAD systems and databases, but your experience and knowledge in the industry will also be utilised to contribute to the development and growth of Momentum's business.
- Management of the CAD systems and databases
- Directing, scheduling and coordinating CAD Specification\Database work to support project timelines and requirements
- Developing and maintaining methods, documentation and systems including system licenses
- Improving and maintaining effectiveness of the CAD\Database systems
- Assisting DDC as required with preparation of estimates and schedules for engineering works and projects
- Ensuring adequacy of personnel in their assigned function
- Development and mentoring of CAD Specification\Database Operators
- Technical support to the Design and Drafting Coordinator
- Ensuring consistency of CAD setup within the Design and Drafting team
- Installation of software and upgrades as required
The successful candidate will bring to the team the following minimum attributes:-
- Self-motivated and ability to work autonomously.
- Experience in leading, motivating, teaching and mentoring small engineering teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work in a multidiscipline team environment.
- A positive and proactive attitude and a drive and willingness to be part of a growing company
- An ability to work successfully with clients to meet and exceed their requirements
- Skills to work independently and achieve set goals
- A strong commitment to putting health and safety first
- Excellent communication skills - written and spoken
- Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency (please note that the right to work in Australia will be checked).
Experience in any, or all, of the following CAD packages (indicate clearly your competency level, for each package, within your application).
- Smart P&ID
- Advanced Steel
Why Choose Momentum Engineering?
- We live by our values – integrity, teamwork, respect, safety, innovation and inspiration.
- Our regular surveys show our staff are extremely happy working at Momentum and love our benefits such as regular social events, sponsored wellness events and flexible hours.
- We encourage staff to be involved and suggest improvements to our business
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your application by 31 December 2018. Please include a covering letter in your application addressing the above information and forward via the 'Apply Now' button. Note that only short listed applicants will be contacted. No recruitment agencies please.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?