REGIONAL MANAGER - SOUTH WEST QUEENSLAND
Advertiser: AgForce QueenslandMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jan 2019
- Western QLD
- Work Type
- Part Time
- CEO & General Management, General/Business Unit Manager
AgForce Queensland Farmers Ltd (AgForce) is the State’s peak advocacy group representing the interests of the broadacre agriculture industry. Advocating on behalf of thousands of primary producers, AgForce is an independent, non-governmental, voluntary organisation with a purpose to:
‘Advance Sustainable Agribusiness’
Every AgForce employee is required to behave in an appropriate professional manner and uphold organisational values and adhere to our code of conduct while representing the organisation.
AgForce Queensland invites Expressions of Interest from suitably qualified applicants who are interested in a part-time position as Regional Manager – South West Queensland.
The successful candidate will be expected to reside in Charleville or the surrounding area and conduct operations from a fully maintained office in town.
If you would like to be considered for this role please submit your expression of interest in writing, outlining your skill set, experience and capacity to fill this position on a part-time basis.
The Regional Manager – South West Queensland reports to the General Manager, Business Development and Regions. The position also works collaboratively with the relevant Regional Chair and Regional Executive.
The role of a Regional Manager is to promote AgForce, support the Regional Chair and Executive, service existing members and recruit new members in the region, provide extension services and work closely with relevant management to address general and policy issues affecting your region.
The Regional Manager – South West Queensland services members across an extensive area incorporating the Paroo, Murweh, Bulloo, Quilpie, Barcoo, Diamantina Shires and parts of the Blackall/Tambo Shires.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with the Regional Chair and the Regional Executive to support members and their broadacre industries and assist with secretariat services
- Service the needs of existing members, providing timely and relevant information on general AgForce policy direction and relevant commodity updates
- Actively participate in the recruitment of new members
- Provide extension services to members for core AgForce programs, along with providing support to other providers of extension services to industry
- Coordinate and support a range of activities, including regional meetings and conferences, branch meetings, property visits and ministerial tours
- Develop relationships and liaise with Government and other agencies, including industry groups, small business, Local Government, community organisations, local media and the general public, while representing and promoting AgForce
- Collaborate with the General Manager, Business Development and Regions, to identify viable business development and sponsorship opportunities in the region
- Manage the regional budget
- Act in a team-oriented manner, in relation to communication, reporting and accountability
- Operate within the guidelines of the AgForce Policy and Procedures Manual
- Other duties as directed by the General Manager, Business Development and Regions.
Extensive interaction with other Regional Managers, elected positions and the General Manager, Business Development and Regions
Close interaction with media, communications and policy teams, as well as members and stakeholders in the South West Queensland Region.
**Essential that this be addressed in order for an application to be considered**
i Skills, abilities and knowledge
- Demonstrated high level written and oral skills
- Ability to build successful relationships with a wide range of stakeholders including members, elected representatives, other rural producers, government officials, industry representatives, media and the public
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of issues affecting broadacre industries at regional, state and national level
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate a range of activities and resources of varying complexity and scope within a tight timeframe
- Affinity with rural producers and rural communities
- Demonstrated skills in managing projects, reporting and planning
- Demonstrated computer literacy and administration skills.
ii Personal qualities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and autonomously
- Strong sense of initiative
- Confidentiality and integrity
- Ability to act intuitively
- AgForce role model of desired organisational culture
A fully maintained company vehicle for business is provided and Regional Managers must maintain a current Queensland Class C (manual) driver’s license
The hours of work are flexible and will require some night and weekend work, with a minimum of 50 hours/fortnight
It is estimated that at least 50% of work time will be spent out of office liaising with and servicing the needs of members, attending branch meetings and representing AgForce at events/activities
Regional Managers may be required to assist staff in other regions and the Brisbane office
Please forward a current CV and covering letter directly through Seek or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ALL APPLICATIONS TO BE RECEIVED BY COB MONDAY, 11 FEBRUARY 2019