- Job Listing Date
- 18 Dec 2018
- Western QLD
- $70,000 - $74,999
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Community Services & Development, Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services
Lifeline Darling Downs & South West Qld Ltd are an established leading not for profit employer of choice providing a suite of services to individuals and families in the thriving developing regional centre of Toowoomba as well as providing services to South West Qld including St George, Roma, Charleville and Cunnamulla.
This role is responsible for quality service delivery to children, young people, families and the community within the Family and Child Connect service (FaCC). The role itself is based in Roma however requires travel to other regional centres up to 2 hours away. Within this, the role has three discreet but complementary purposes:
- Actively engage with individuals and families contacting the service.
- Gather sufficient information, apply the Queensland Child Protection Guide, Practice Framework & Common Assessment Tools to assess the response type required and action accordingly.
- Provide information, advice, referral and linkage to relevant services, or through outreach, engage with families with multiple high level needs, and provide brief initial case management and intervention until the assessment and referral is finalised.
Position location: Roma, Queensland
- $70K+ super
- Salary Packaging
- Part time, Fixed Term until 24/6/22. Flexibility around what days/hours you work.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Experience in strengths-based casework with complex families
- Demonstrated experience working confidently and effectively across a range of service providers, both government and non-government, to negotiate high quality service provision to families who have complex issues.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and competing demands effectively in a challenging environment, resulting in efficient use of resources, sound outcomes for families and quality documentation for evaluation.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the principles and practices of Employment Equity, Ethical Conduct and Work Health & Safety.
- Demonstrated good communication skills both verbal and written, with an emphasis on effective interpersonal skills negotiation and conflict resolution skills including the ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively support the Values, Principles and Purposes of LDDSQWL.
- Current Queensland “C” class drivers licence
- Working with Children Blue Card
The Position Description is available and can be obtained by emailing email@example.com
Please send your resume together with a 1-2 page letter responding to the Selection Criteria contained in the position description and cover letter to Rachelle Patterson at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Applications must be submitted to this email address by no later than 5pm on Wednesday 9 January 2019 with interviews to be held from the week commencing 14 January 2019.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.