- Job Listing Date
- 17 Jan 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Speech Therapy
About Autism Queensland
Autism Queensland provides specialised education, therapy and support services for people of all ages on the autism spectrum and their families. For further information please visit www.autismqld.com.au.
About the Role
Are you ready to join a team of experienced allied health professionals and registered teachers primarily providing consultancy services throughout Queensland to schools, families and other professionals as they support children and adults with a diagnosis of ASD?
As Autism Queensland moves into the landscape of the NDIS, this role will also provide individualised programs through centre-based and outreach services for people of all ages with autism as well as intervention within AQ's centre-based early intervention group programs, as required.
Frequent intra-state travel is a large component of this position with travel of up to 5 days per trip approximately 3 to 4 times per quarter.
This is a permanent position at full-time hours - 5 days per week. The role is based at both Sunnybank Hills and Brighton with a requirement to work across both sites.
To access the position description, please visit the Work With Us page on our website - https://autismqld.com.au/page/workwithus
Skills & Experience
Tertiary qualifications in Speech Pathology
Minimum of 3 years experience as a Speech Pathologist
Demonstrated understanding of contemporary methodologies in the provision of SP services to children with ASD/developmental challenges and their families
Proven knowledge of child and adolescent development
Experience with consultation based intervention
Ability to work effectively with families, educators and other professionals in a consultancy style role
Current open driver's licence
Current membership of SPA
Culture & Benefits
Autism Queensland is an inspiring, caring and fun place to work with supportive, passionate and friendly colleagues and leaders who value your contribution and share your commitment to achieving work-life balance. Your work will be both challenging and rewarding and you will find scope and support for personal as well as professional development. You'll also enjoy the financial benefits of our generous salary sacrificing program!
How To Apply
if this role is of interest to you, apply asap! Please include the following in your application:
1. A cover letter identifying the reason/s for which you are applying;
2. A current CV / resume with contact details of at least two referees (who will only be contacted with your explicit consent following interview);
3. Details of current professional registration, Blue Card or Yellow Card if/as relevant.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have experience working with children with special needs?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How far are you willing to travel for work?