Director of Entrepreneur Development
Advertiser: InvestibleMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Dec 2018
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, General/Business Unit Manager
About the business
Investible is a scalable seed investor with a focus on providing early stage founders the intellectual and financial capital needed to scale. Investible's mission is to de-risk angel investment on a global scale and develop impactful founders.
With over 70 investments in our portfolio we are one of the most active venture capital firms in Australia with an enviable investment track record of high returns.
Our data driven approach using a wide variety of IP and founder events, tools and programs gives us an edge to source, screen, secure and support the best dealflow. Our early stage investment fund and investor club of super angels gives us access to invest in some of the Asia Pacific's most promising companies.
About the role
With ambitious growth plans over the next 18 months, we are looking for a Director of Entrepreneur Development to join our team and drive our global programs moving forward.
Your key program upon joining will be taking ownership and direction of a unique program Investible recently trialed with great success. The Investible Games solves the problem of the best startups not prepared to join accelerator programs and the huge industry reliance on pitching. Think Investible Bootcamp meets Hackathon and eGames, where 12 start-ups undertake 15 Challenges over 3 days. Start-ups are assessed on founder team, understanding of the problem, business model, traction and more; in front of investors, business and industry leaders, start-up and corporate innovators.
You will be responsible for the vision, strategy and multi-country expansion of the Investible Games as well as scaling our other programs / IP.
You will be a great prospector, who is not shy of rolling up your sleeves and diving in when necessary to achieve an aggressive scale plan. You'll know how to manage expectations and get the most out of our Sponsors, Investors and Founders whilst making sure they see the impact for them of being involved.
All Sponsor and Investor engagement is to be managed by the Director of Entrepreneur Development. It is your responsibility to on board them, manage the relationship and expectations moving forward and being able to be resourceful with our new partnerships.
You'll be a futurist, who not only creates the vision, but someone who can also execute and deliver on that vision.
Benefits and perks
* An excellent opportunity to grow, create a strategy and the autonomy to execute on that.
* For Investible culture is king - you aren't signing up to a boring investment company. You will be part of an ambitious and fast paced team that push the boundaries of possible.
* Global exposure
Skills and experience
- A desire to impact and drive change.
- An ability to work across multiple functions to achieve the core business objectives.
- Have a knack for thinking outside the box and have a "less is more" approach to scale moving forward.
- Be competent in the areas of product design and development.
- A proven track record in being able to source, find and secure buy in from Corporate Sponsors, Investors and Founders.
- An ability to communicate effectively the broader vision and goals of the Investible programs across a diverse range of industry's and countries.
- Seek buy in from the Executive Leadership team
- Be a Champion in the business for all our global programs.
- Consistently looking for new ways we can increase our sponsorship revenue and multi-city scale strategy.
- Understand how the accumulation and analysis of data can inform decision making
- You'll love connecting with people, events, networking, and prospect meetings and have an uncanny ability of bringing people together.
- Manage all operational financial obligations for all our global programs.
- Lead, mentor and inspire a driven team, committed to the success of our global programs.
- Able to work across multiple time zones and countries and able to understanding the nuances of working across different geo-specific regions.
- Know how to commit to a deadline.
- Whilst you are not responsible for bringing in corporate sponsorship, you will partner very closely with the Business Development Manager to bring deals across the line.
- Travel will be required in this role
- Existing exposure to the startup ecosystem and or corporate innovation will be highly regarded