Graduate Asbestos and Hazardous Materials Consultant
Advertiser: Airsafe OHC Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 31 Dec 2018
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Science & Technology, Environmental, Earth & Geosciences
Want to build a career as an asbestos and hazardous materials consultant? There’s no better place to do it than Airsafe. Airsafe is Sydney’s most respected asbestos consultancy. We work with prominent clients and the biggest contractors. And the heart of our business is our amazing team of consultants.
The most important qualification for this position is people skills. You need to be able to build good working relationships with clients – from individual householders and to big businesses – and with asbestos removal and demolition contractors.
Airsafe’s reputation rests on our great relationships: the fact that we’re easy to work with and constructive in finding solutions. As our representative, you’ll need to demonstrate the same qualities: excellent communication skills, and an ability to solve problems either independently or in a team.
Other desirable attributes include:
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in occupational health and safety, industrial hygiene, science, building construction, or environmental health [desired not essential]
- Strong customer service focus
- High attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Competence with use of MS Office
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible approach to work hours as some evening and weekend work is required from time to time
- Willingness to conduct regional and inter-state work where required
- Desire to learn and develop in a progressive business
- Current Australian drivers licence
What you'll be doing
A unique opportunity exists to develop and grow in the provision of our asbestos and hazardous material consulting services. The primary responsibilities of the role include:
- Asbestos and lead air monitoring
- Clearance inspections and reports
- Asbestos registers
- Hazardous materials surveys
- Sampling and analysis
- Technical assessment and recommendations
- Project and client management
- Providing assistance to the management team including administrative duties
As an employee of Airsafe, you will have access to the skills, experience and culture of our experienced staff, and will benefit from the opportunities created by our involvement in high profile projects. You will be rewarded with ongoing learning and development as well as the opportunity to develop and build you career with an industry leader.
In addition to a competitive salary package, a company vehicle is provided for work use.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?