Poultry Farm Manager
Advertiser: AAM Investment GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 18 Jan 2019
- Riverland & Murray Mallee
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Farm Management
About AAM Investment Group
AAM Investment Group is a progressive and innovative Australian owned group leading the way in livestock operations throughout Australia. We have recently acquired Riverlands Free Range chicken farms on the outskirts of Blanchetown. In addition to being a modern free-range broiler farm, we are paving the way as industry leaders with the adoption of innovative software and automated data collection and raising the bar on best practice procedures. Riverlands has modern and well-maintained equipment for conducting a range of activities from poultry production, alternative energy generation and a large-scale composting enterprise.
As the company continues to grow, so does our need for quality, committed additions to our team.
About the Role
We are looking for a motivated Farm Manager to join our team to manage the day-to-day operations of a 6 shed Free-Range farm. The Farm Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management with the aim of achieving longer-term production goals by following sustainable livestock management practices and improving the overall efficiency of the operation.
To be successful in this position you will possess:
- Prior experience working in the poultry industry or similar is essential;
- Experience with SKOV management systems highly regarded;
- Current driver licence essential;
- Solid grounding and appreciation of the concepts, principles and practical applications of animal husbandry and business operations;
- Demonstrated skills and experience in leading, managing, coaching and motivating a team;
- Ability to develop and maintain strategic relationships with all stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously in a multidisciplinary and diverse team;
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to plan, prioritise and organise work demands and meet tight deadlines; and
- Computer skills with proficiency in the use of the Microsoft suite.
A competitive remuneration package of $90 - $100K including salary, house, car and phone is on offer.
Additional roles on the farm may also be available to assist a working couple if required.
How to Apply
If this sounds like you and you’d like to join a group of like-minded people at a company that’s challenging the status quo in agriculture all over Australia, then there’s no better time than now!
Please apply by providing a cover letter and current resume. For more information, please visit our website at www.aamig.com.au/careers
Please note: The successful applicant is required to complete a pre-employment National Police Check.
At AAMIG we celebrate success, reward performance and most importantly value our people
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. weekends, evenings, public holidays)
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Are you willing to relocate for this role?