- Job Listing Date
- 2 Jan 2019
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- $120,000 - $139,999 plus Super
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Consulting & Strategy, Management & Change Consulting
This is a full-time position with one of Australia’s leading Asset Management, Maintenance and Reliability consultancies. It is a challenging and satisfying role helping generate improvements at many of Australia's leading organisations.
The position will be based in Perth, but the successful candidate will need to have the flexibility to be able to travel within Australia and internationally as required.
Senior Consultant – Asset Management, Maintenance and Reliability
We are looking to recruit a keen, motivated individual, who is keen to "make a difference" in developing and implementing improved Asset Management, Maintenance, and Reliability processes at our varied range of clients.
This full-time position will provide you with the opportunity to develop your consulting, technical and business skills, working alongside some highly talented and internationally recognised Asset Management leaders. It will also give you the opportunity to make a valued contribution to the operational success of major utilities and government organisations as well as large private sector organisations in the mining, mineral processing and other industries.
The primary duties involve performing consulting and training assignments relating to Asset Management that will improve the operational performance of our clients. There may also be opportunities to become involved in more technical work improving Maintenance and Reliability performance within our client organisations.
In addition, the role includes some responsibilities for building and maintaining client relationships, generating sales, and project managing and supervising the work of other consultants.
The type of consulting assignments may include work in one or more of the following areas:
- Conducting Asset Management Maturity Assessments and Audits
- Developing and documenting improved Asset Management systems, business processes and other documents that align with the requirements of ISO 55001 and that deliver value to our clients
- Assisting clients to more effectively identify and manage technical and business risks
- Coaching and assisting our clients to implement improved Asset Management processes and practices
- Conducting Maintenance and Reliability Reviews and Audits
- Developing and implementing sound Maintenance Management and Reliability Engineering processes and practices to improve operational performance
- Applying Reliability Engineering principles and tools to maximise equipment productivity
- Assisting clients to reduce operations and maintenance costs
It is anticipated that this role would be primarily located in Perth, but travel to client sites will be required.
Your Qualifications and Experience
- An undergraduate degree or higher in a relevant discipline (preferably a technical discipline such as Engineering or Science) is essential.
- Postgraduate qualifications in Asset Management, Business and/or Maintenance Management or will be very highly regarded.
- Certified Asset Management Assessor (CAMA) qualifications will also be an advantage.
- It is essential that you have had at least five years’ experience in an Asset Management role in a relevant industry sector.
- At least five years’ experience in Reliability Engineering, Maintenance Engineering or Maintenance Management in a relevant industry sector will also be an advantage.
- Previous line management experience will be highly regarded. You will need to be able to demonstrate that you are capable of achieving desired business outcomes and improvements through others.
- Previous consulting experience will be highly advantageous.
- Exposure to the successful implementation of significant improvements in Asset Management performance is essential, and your application should describe your specific, demonstrable achievements in this area.
- You will need to demonstrate advanced experience with Microsoft Office applications and the ability to produce high quality reports and presentations.
- The ability to relate well to client staff is highly important, as is a high degree of self-motivation, and the capability to take the initiative and work independently when required.
Assetivity is a management consulting company which specialises in improving the performance and productivity of people and equipment in capital-intensive industries through better Asset Management, Maintenance and Reliability practices.
Founded in 2000, Assetivity's consultants are highly regarded both within Australia and internationally for their expertise. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia and with branch offices in Brisbane and Melbourne, our clients include leading organisations in the mining, mineral processing, transport, oil & gas, defence, utilities, infrastructure and facilities management and government sectors.
Assetivity is a corporate member of the Asset Management Council (Australia), Society of Maintenance and Reliability Professionals (US), and the Institute of Asset Management (IAM). We are accredited and endorsed by the IAM to provide certificated training aligned with the IAM’s ISO 55000 Competences Framework. We are also accredited and endorsed by the IAM to assess and certify organisations as being compliant with the requirements of ISO 55001.
We work at client sites throughout Australia and have performed several international consulting assignments for companies in South East Asia, South America and Africa. See our website for more information.
Applicants must have full working rights in Australia
ENQUIRIES FROM RECRUITMENT AGENCIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in a consulting role?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?