Commercial Development Executive
Advertiser: Hawthorn Football ClubMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Jan 2019
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sales, Other
Enjoying a history that extends beyond 125 years, Hawthorn Football Club is a proud, successful and progressive member of the Australian Football League. The Club’s VFL and VFLW teams had great on field success in 2018 winning their respective premierships.
We live and breathe our values of Dynamic, Open & Honest, Relentless, Respect All and Selfless.
The club is seeking to appoint an experienced and talented individual to assume responsibility for selling AFL, VFL and VFLW sponsorships and corporate products. You will be responsible to research new markets and identify sales opportunities as well as liaise with Hawthorn business groups to identify opportunities.
You will develop collateral and proposals to deliver the annual sponsorship sales budget. You will be primarily responsible for all commercial sales, servicing and activations for the VFL and VFLW teams.
Reporting to the Commercial Development Manager - the Commercial Development Executive will be responsible for:
- Selling sponsorship and corporate hospitality products for VFL, VFLW and Hawthorn Football Club
- Identifying new properties which increases revenue streams for the Club and are attractive to a corporate partner
- Managing all commercial operations activities on VFL and VFLW home games
- Conducting fundraising activities to achieve set budgets
- Selling VFL and VFLW player sponsorships
- Developing strong professional networks
- Actively monitoring the market for potential new companies
- Conducting, recording and reporting on relevant market research
- Developing proposals and supporting collateral
- Liaising with the Commercial team to ensure an agreed implementation plan is developed for the sponsor
- Liaising with the Corporate Sales Manager to understand the suite of hospitality products and including the products in partnerships
- Liaising with Hawthorn business groups to identify new prospective leads
- Quarterly reporting to Box Hill Hawks board
The ideal candidate will preferably have a degree qualification in Marketing, Business or Sports Management and/or 2 - 4 years’ experience in business development / corporate sales. You will demonstrate excellent communication and organisational skills, high attention to detail and the ability to effectively manage your time. A friendly, professional, client focused approach is a must.
It is full time with some weekend work required.
For the right candidate, we offer a competitive salary package, negotiable depending on experience. In addition, the Club’s Benefits Program includes professional development opportunities, additional paid leave, free parking, gym and pool access and an in-house health program.
If you believe you are suited to this opportunity, please forward your cover letter and resume by 18 January 2019. Previous applicants are still being considered.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years of business development experience do you have?