- Job Listing Date
- 3 Jan 2019
- Gold Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Management
We are currently looking for a Housekeeping Manager
Who are we...
Since it was founded in 1961, Southport Sharks has established itself as an industry leader and boasts a diverse range of food and beverage brands, kids' zone, gaming room, multi-purpose Events Centre with capacity for 1000 people, and a Health and Fitness Centre.
Evolving from humble beginnings, today Sharks boasts over 55,000 members annually and is regarded as one of the Gold Coast's premier entertainment, dining and leisure venues as well as being the largest Australian Rules Football Club in Queensland.
The latest addition to our service offering is a new fully serviced hotel in partnership with leading Australian accommodation provider, Mantra Group. Located alongside Southport Sharks and central to the Gold Coast Health and Knowledge precinct, the hotel includes 120 hotel rooms and suites, two conference rooms and a rooftop bar.
The Role ...
Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operation of the Housekeeping Department and developing your team to deliver exceptional guest experiences.
To be successful you will need:
- a minimum of 2 years' experience as a Housekeeping Manager;
- a proven record in delivering a high standard of cleanliness in all areas of the hotel and public areas;
- exceptional attention to detail
- strong understanding of rostering, productivity and budgeting;
- exceptional leadership and training skills
- strong understanding of Workplace Health and Safety;
- the ability to identify and implement training programs.
You will also be responsible for:
- ensuring the Housekeeping Department operates efficiently within the budget and financial targets are met;
- monitoring and adjusting staffing levels to meet operational requirements;
- ensuring our guest rooms are presented to delight every guest;
- managing all aspects of inspections and room cleans;
- reporting and coordinating any damage to maintenance;
- assisting with a preventive maintenance strategy;
- maintaining cost control, ordering and receiving systems for cleaning, linen and supplies inventory;
- building relationships across all departments to ensure guest service levels are achieved.
Strong personal presentation skills and a positive work attitude are essential.
Does this role sound like you?
Apply now by submitting a cover letter and your resume by Monday, 21 January 2019.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years' experience do you have in the hospitality & tourism industry?
- Do you have professional housekeeping experience?