ACT Program Coordinator
Advertiser: Kookaburra Kids FoundationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Jan 2019
- $60,000 plus salary packaging
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services
Australian Kookaburra Kids Foundation is a growing, exciting not for profit organisation providing an exceptional service and support to children who live in families affected by mental illness. We are seeking an enthusiastic and energetic person to fill the role of ACT Program Coordinator.
This role will predominantly involve planning, programming and the running of camps and activities.
The position is based in ACT, however programs will be conducted off-site in ACT and NSW, and will require out-of-hours attendance and weekend activities. This is a full time 1 year maxi term position starting early 2019.
- Preparation and delivery of the Kookaburra Kids programs in accordance with AKKF policy and procedures, ensuring mitigation of risk to the organisation;
- Ensure compliance with safety and risk for ACT programs, including completing risk assessments for venues and providers;
- Support the Program Coordinators in delivery of other programs;
- Maintain communication with kids and parents/guardians prior to programs, follow-up of general program information and the logistics;
- Provide post-activity reporting, escalating any incidences as per camp policy and procedure;
- Ensure appropriate participant follow-up and feedback surveys are gathered to assess program effectiveness;
- Complete post program report;
- Support the development and implementation of research that will measure program effectiveness.
Desirable Competencies and Experience:
- Experience engaging and supporting large groups of kids aged 8-18 years;
- Good analytical skills and intermediate knowledge of using computer systems and databases;
- Must be available to attend Kookaburra Kids Camps and Activity Days;
- Coordinating and delivering recreational programs;
- Full drivers license.
Via the link on Seek.com or email email@example.com with your CV and cover letter to address how you meet the skills and criteria.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have experience working with young people with complex needs?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?