KIAMA SEASIDE MARKETS MANAGER/S
Advertiser: Kiama and District Business ChamberMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Jan 2019
- Wollongong, Illawarra & South Coast
- Work Type
- Self Employment, Self Employment
KIAMA SEASIDE MARKET MANAGEMENT OPPORTUNITY
Kiama and District Business Chamber are looking for an energetic, entrepreneurial person or duo to manage the popular Seaside Markets.
Our markets have pride and place at Kiama's Black Beach in the heart of our township and are held on the third Sunday of every month and on the occasional Public Holiday in January, April and June. Markets open at (9 am and close at 3pm) so typically you need to be there from 5:30am through 5pm.
Boasting a range of stalls between 130-170 each month, your role as Markets Manager is to coordinate a seamless market experience for locals, visitors and stallholders alike. This means using an online management system to schedule, coordinate and confirm stallholder bookings and payments in advance. Ahead of each market, you will be well prepared for the day, including making sure that there is a balance of market offerings available (let's face it, not everyone wants to buy only soap and candles) and that each stallholder knows what they need to do to get the most out of their day. On market day, traffic management as stallholders arrive and leave is critical to the success and running of each event. At all times, you will ensure adherence to Council regulations and do your best to educate stallholders and even the public as you need. We believe compliance matters and as such enforce a Code of Conduct for all stallholders. Your success is our success.
What you need:
- excellent organisational skills
- great communication
- boundless energy and commitment
- extra people for 2 hours for ingress (we supply you with 1)
- 1 extra person for egress at end of day (we supply you with 1)
- own technology (eg. iPad or laptop)
- insurances (public liability)
- awesome Social media skills across all platforms
- an ABN as you will be a subcontractor of the Chamber
What we provide:
- 1 x RMS approved Traffic Controller (ingress and egress)
- technology platform for stallholder management (reporting, organisation & payments)
- Market Day rubbish removal
- Council fee payments for stalls
If you love the excitement of a market, diversity of people, are well organised and love the stunning Kiama scenery, then maybe this is the side hustle you've been looking for! Send through an Expression of Interest (EOI) with a pitch as to why you should be the Kiama Seaside Markets next manager. This opportunity is also open to Community organisations and could be a great opportunity for fundraising. With your EOI make sure you include your thoughts on remuneration for this great opportunity. Variations to the above requirements maybe considered. As an example an option my just be the "on the day' operation only rather than the lead up to market day.
You can get to us on firstname.lastname@example.org
The Kiama and District Chamber may not select any EOI and reserves the right to cancel, negotiate or amend any application.
- Do you have an Australian Business Number (ABN)?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- Do you have experience working towards targets and KPIs?