McGrath Breast Care Nurse
Advertiser: The Breast & Endocrine CentreMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Jan 2019
- Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
- $40 - $49.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Healthcare & Medical, Nursing - General Medical & Surgical
An exciting opportunity exists for a Registered Nurse to join our team at The Breast & Endocrine Centre as a McGrath Breast Care Nurse. This is a contract position for 3 years, offering 4 days per week (30.4 hours) with potential for extension at the completion of this period.
The successful applicant will have:
- At least 5 years post registration experience in either surgical or medical oncology, previous experience as a Breast Care Nurse preferred,
- Relevant post graduate qualifications in breast care nursing or cancer nursing (or can demonstrate a willingness to complete),
- Registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulatory Agency (AHPRA) as a Registered Nurse,
- Demonstrated experience working effectively within a multidisciplinary team and independently,
- Demonstrated time management, organisation and planning skills,
- Demonstrated ability to deliver quality patient care,
- High level verbal and written communication skills,
- Demonstrated computer skills.
The McGrath Breast Care Nurse will:
- provide specialised breast care, information, education and support to clients relating to breast cancer,
- collaborate with members of the multidisciplinary treatment team and relevant community service providers to coordinate the delivery of client-oriented specialised support services across the care continuum, to clients and their families,
- maintain a high level of clinical expertise and knowledge through participation in ongoing education and professional development activities and
- coordinate the clients treatment journey ensuring that key elements of care occur in an ordered and timely manner and that information is collected and available to ensure appropriate treatment decisions can be made.
To apply for this position, please email your resume, qualifications and a covering letter explaining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted.
Closing date is Wednesday, 23 January 2019.
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?