Manager, Legal Services
Advertiser: AgriFutures AustraliaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Jan 2019
- Wagga Wagga & Riverina
- Work Type
- Legal, Generalists - In-house
AgriFutures Australia is seeking a Manager, Legal Services to be located at their head office in Wagga Wagga, NSW. The position is a part-time 12-month contract.
What is AgriFutures Australia?
AgriFutures Australia is a small statutory corporation accountable to the Australian Government through the Minister for Agriculture and Water Resources.
AgriFutures Australia increases knowledge and understanding that fosters innovative, adaptive and valuable rural industries by investing in research, development and extension.
AgriFutures Australia’s vision is to grow the long-term prosperity of Australian rural industries guided by an ambition to be known as an organisation that places our people, our rural industries and regional communities at the heart of everything we do.
You will be responsible for supporting the organisation with a range of legal services and advice including:
- Overseeing the organisation’s research agreements, provider agreements and sponsor agreements. This will include negotiating terms with partners; undertaking annual review of agreements; developing fit for purpose templates; considering non-negotiable clauses for AgriFutures Australia; providing training to relevant staff on agreements to ensure they understand the key principles;
- Ensuring systems and processes are in place to maintain awareness of relevant changes in Government legislation and make recommendations to the organisation as required;
- Ensuring standard templates meet the changing needs of the organisation;
- Providing legal advice to the organisation on HR matters as required;
- Providing advice to the organisation on best practice Intellectual Property and commercialisation law; develop contracts and templates that meet the needs of the organisation; negotiate terms with partners;
- Providing monthly review of active contracts through Clarity and Sharepoint; develop reports as required by the Leadership Team; liaise with external legal providers as necessary;
- Identifying issues, legal risks and potential liabilities within commercial contracts.
To be successful in this position, you must have five years minimum PQE; have experience working in-house in a corporate or government environment.
You will have:
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with the business on smaller matters or as part of a team on larger and more complex matters;
- Experience/knowledge of impacts due to changes in the regulatory environment;
- Strong communication skills;
- An understanding of intellectual property law with examples of applying commercial judgement;
- Excellent time manage skills;
- A commitment to teamwork and AgriFutures Australia’s values.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for a career in an innovative government environment.
Please submit a one page cover letter outlining your suitability for this role together with your resume and contact details for three referees to Louise.email@example.com
Applications close 21 January 2019.
For more information contact:
General Manager, Corporate