Advertiser: Hilltops CouncilMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Jan 2019
- Southern Highlands & Tablelands
- $70,000 - $79,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Government & Defence, Government - Local
About Hilltops Council and the South West Slopes
Hilltops Council was established on May 12, 2016, and includes the former council areas of Boorowa, Harden and Young in New South Wales. Supporting over 20,000 people, Council's highest priority as a new council is to ensure continued and consistent delivery of the many local services valued by these communities.
Your new career awaits
Hilltops Council now has an exciting opportunity for a ICT Officer to join the Council's team on a full-time, 9 day fortnight basis.
Reporting to the ICT Systems Administrator, you will be responsible for delivering efficient and effective information technology services to the Hilltops Council including assistance with various Information Technology requirements, computer maintenance, upgrades and associated development issues
More specifically, your daily duties may include (but will not be limited to):
- Act as the primary contact and helpdesk for IT and telecommunications within Hilltops Council providing a high level of Customer Service, technical support and advice to all employees at Council.
- Responsible for administrating and maintaining Council’s website and intranet
- Proactively monitor and report on Help Desk trends to minimise or prevent ongoing issues.
- Maintain the day to day operation of the Councils Information Technology requirements and investigate PC, Server, hardware and software support requests.
- Perform routine maintenance of Councils computer equipment installation and support of desktop and server operating systems
- Assisting in the delivery of IT and telecommunications initiatives, programs and projects across the organisation.
- Maintain and process IT induction procedures for new Council employees as required, in conjunction with Human Resources.
- Contribute to the IT Strategic Plan as required
- Facilitate a culture of continuous improvement, collaboration and exceptional customer service.
- Undertake other duties as directed within the skills and abilities of a position at this level
Why work for Hilltops Council
As a newly created Council, Hilltops Council is filled with driven, passionate people who have a singular focus to provide the best possible service to the communities in which they operate. They are always on the look-out for like-minded individuals to join their team and offer a highly collaborative and progressive work environment.
The successful candidate will be offered an attractive salary package circa $70,000 to $77,000 (commensurate with experience).
Working a 9-day fortnight of 35 hours per week, your hours will usually be flexible so you can take a 3-day weekend and make the most of your time in this beautiful region!
Your application must include:
• A resume and;
• A response to each of the essential and desirable selection criteria (as a guide 2 or 3 paragraphs demonstrating how you meet each criteria).
ONLY APPLICATIONS ADDRESSING THE ESSENTIAL AND DESIRABLE CRITERIA WILL BE CONSIDERED
- Tertiary qualification in an IT related field and/or demonstrated experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated experience working within a Microsoft desktop/server environment.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to understand and identify customer needs and use appropriate strategies to achieve positive outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience in installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of hardware such as PC’s, hubs, and routers.
- Excellent time management and problem solving skills with the ability to prioritise work and adapt to an environment of changing priorities.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and contribute positively to the dynamics of that team.
- Advanced computer literacy and keyboard skills, including experience in using databases, and a wide range of computer software programs.
- Demonstrated ability to apply attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in Local Government practices and procedures.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you willing to relocate for this role?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?