Advertiser: Writers VictoriaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Jan 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $70,000 package incl. super
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Financial Accounting & Reporting
About the business
Writers Victoria is the state's largest organisation supporting Victorian writers. With nearly 3,000 members, this well-established organisation is the leading provider of information, resources and skills development for its members and the broader writing community.
About the role
Writers Victoria is seeking an experienced and skilled accountant to join our friendly team. Supported by the Director and Treasurer, you will be ultimately responsible for:
- Provision of monthly reports (detailed Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow statements) for the Committee of Management through monthly Finance Subcommittee meetings.
- Supporting the Director in the development of annual budgets and work closely with senior staff of the organisation to monitor program budgets.
- Maintaining effective, accessible and compliant financial record-keeping using Xero.
- Ensuring the timely and efficient administration of all financial operations, including payroll, superannuation, accounts receivable and payable, petty cash, reconciliations, cash flow, managing term deposits and managing staff leave records.
- Supporting the Director in the preparation of funding applications and acquittals.
- Additional tasks as directed by the Director.
External Reporting and Compliance
- Preparation and submission of BAS and PAYG statements to the Australian Taxation Office.
- Preparation of required reporting to statutory bodies such as ROCO, CAV and ACNC.
- Preparation of annual financial reports for the auditors and managing the audit process.
Supervision of Membership Officers (1 FTE)
Benefits and perks
- A role ideally suited to someone with a head for numbers and a heart for the arts
- Opportunity to do interesting work in a friendly and supportive environment with a leading arts organisation
Skills and experience
The successful applicant will be a CA/CPA qualified account who has:
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Strong financial knowledge and skills.
- Proficiency in Excel and Xero.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Good communication skills to liaise cooperatively with internal stakeholders and external providers.
An application letter addressing the selection criteria, together with a brief CV, should be addressed to Dr Angela Savage, Director, Writers Victoria, email@example.com
Applications close 9.00am on Wed 30 January 2019.
Only applicants who address the selection criteria will be considered for an interview.
Please address all position queries to Avi Malhan on 0470 283 985.