Expressions of Interest - Assistant Manager & a Livestock Coordinator
Advertiser: AAM Investment GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 23 Jan 2019
- Ballarat & Central Highlands
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Farm Management
About AAM Investment Group
AAM Investment Group structures, operates and manages investments across agriculture, rural and commercial property and regionally based infrastructure with a focus on improved investment performance through operational and technological efficiencies, and enhanced asset management. We welcome innovation and reward performance.
AAMIG operates and manages seven sites within our RLX portfolio. Our team are committed to achieving best practice animal welfare outcomes across all RLX sites and are pleased to lead the industry in adopting low stress livestock handling techniques.
About the Roles
We are seeking expressions of interest to fill multiple positions to support site operations, livestock handling and sale day activities within our Southern Victoria RLX sites.
We seek experienced and motivated team players to join our existing team of skilled employees to contribute to the sites’ success in the delivery of business operations and services, facility management and maintenance, finance management, meeting and exceeding compliance with WH&S and other relevant industry legislation and best practice.
- Support the Operations Manager with providing leadership and coaching to a small team;
- Coordinate and manage business and facility operations to deliver a range of services;
- Oversee and manage sale day and non-sale day activities;
- Ensure the efficient throughput of livestock; and
- Oversee compliance requirements related to WH&S, licencing, legislation and codes of practice.
- Coordinate the movement of livestock throughout the facility;
- Undertake feeding of livestock;
- Coordinate the sheep EID processing;
- Coordinate and assist in sale day activities including pre-sale scanning & post-sale weighing;
- Coordinate and organise the general cleaning and maintenance of the site; and
- General livestock handling.
To be successful in these positions the ideal candidates will possess:
- Previous experience working in the agricultural industry, livestock handling experience essential;
- Demonstrated commitment to and understanding of animal welfare and safe work practices in a sale yard environment;
- Driver licence essential, HR licence desirable;
- Ability to undertake manual activities and meet the physical demands of a sale yard working environment;
- Ability to take direction, follow policies and procedures and work well in a team as well as unsupervised;
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders including employees, customers, agents and contractors; and
- Basic to intermediate computer skills.
How to Apply
If this sounds like you, we would like to hear from you!
Please apply by providing a cover letter outlining your skills and experience in relation to the key responsibilities in the position description, along with a copy of your current resume.
For a full copy of the position descriptions and more information, please visit our website at www.aamig.com.au/careers
The successful applicant is required to complete a pre-employment National Police Check.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. weekends, evenings, public holidays)
- Are you willing to relocate for this role?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of OH&S/WHS?