- Job Listing Date
- 8 Jan 2019
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering
Momentum Engineering is an independent, Australian owned and operated company providing engineering consulting and project management services providing flexible, practical and efficient services to the energy and resource sector. Our customers are companies seeking an understanding, co-operative and effective approach to their needs.
We provide services for the planning, development and delivery of new projects and the optimisation, modification, operation and maintenance of existing facilities. Our area of expertise is the energy and resource industry and we provide services and solutions from offshore production facilities to onshore gas transmission.
We are seeking to fill a Senior Electrical Engineer to join Momentum’s engineering team for a Perth based position immediately.
Reporting to the Lead Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Managing project requirements and providing technical expertise and input for Electrical, Controls and Instrumentation interface engineering for Greenfield / Brownfield onshore and offshore projects.
- The scopes generally include Medium and Low Voltage connectivity, including interfacing HVAC, lighting, UPS, instrumentation, fire and gas, and control systems to the existing facilities.
- Actively perform and manage the development of all required design deliverables and installation work packs as per the scope of works.
- Review and/or approval of all engineering deliverables as required, ensuring compliance with the scope of works, client specifications, and Australian Standards.
- Liaison with the client, and other stakeholders as required.
To be successful you will have:
- 8-10 years'+ experience as an Electrical engineer with demonstrable experience with Greenfield and Brownfields design including offshore experience (must be Australian based experience)
- Extensive technical knowledge in Medium and Low Voltage generation and distribution is a requirement. Candidates with experience with power system modelling software (ETAP, PTW etc) will be highly regarded.
- Previous experience with Woodside documentation systems, standards and workpack development requirements is highly regarded.
- Additional experience and understanding of oil and gas control and instrumentation system design is preferred.
- Sound practical understanding of Australian Hazardous Area design requirements.
- The ability to work autonomously as well as work with a team of engineers and designers.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Australian acts, codes, regulations and standards.
- Practical project engineering experience will be highly regarded.
- Sound HSE knowledge relevant to oil and gas industry.
- The willingness and ability to travel for miscellaneous site/facility visits as required for scoping project requirements from time to time.
- A proactive and positive, ‘can do’ approach to solving problems, meeting project deadlines and managing budgetary constraints.
- The ability to self-manage multiple small projects simultaneously, efficiently and effectively.
- Australian recognised University Degree Qualification in Electrical Engineering.
- Excellent communication skills - written and spoken.
- Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency.
Why Choose Momentum Engineering?
- We live by our values – vision, purpose, agility, innovation, teamwork, integrity, improve and safety.
- Our regular surveys show our staff are extremely happy working at Momentum and love our benefits such as regular social events, sponsored wellness events and flexible hours.
- We encourage staff to be involved and suggest improvements to our business
For more information about Momentum Engineering, please visit our website www.momentumengineering.com.au.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your application by 27th January 2019. Please include a CV and cover letter in your application addressing the above information and forward via the 'Apply Now' button. We look forward to hearing from you.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Have you completed a qualification in electrical engineering?