- Job Listing Date
- 8 Jan 2019
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Engineering Drafting
Momentum Engineering is an independent, Australian owned and operated company providing engineering consulting and project management services that provide flexible, practical and efficient services to the Energy and Resource Sector. Our customers are companies seeking an understanding, co-operative and effective approach to their needs.
We provide services for the planning, development and delivery of new projects and the optimisation, modification, operation and maintenance of existing facilities. Our area of expertise is the Energy and Resource Industry and we provide services and solutions from offshore production facilities to onshore gas transmission.
We are seeking a Senior Electrical & Instrument Designer for a long-term Perth based position immediately.
Reporting to the Lead Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer and/or Lead Designer, you will be responsible for:
- Technical design drafting of Electrical, Controls and Instrumentation interfaces for Greenfield / Brownfield onshore and offshore projects.
- The scopes generally include Medium and Low Voltage connectivity, including interfacing HVAC, lighting, UPS, instrumentation, fire and gas, and control systems to the existing facilities.
- Assist in the development of all required design deliverables and installation work packs as per the scope of works.
- Draft and design check deliverables as required, ensuring compliance with the scope of works, client specifications, and Australian Standards as applicable.
- Liaison with the client, suppliers, other disciplines and other stakeholders as required.
- Accurately report on progress of deliverables, providing forecast to complete and targeted completion dates.
The successful candidate will bring to the team the following minimum attributes:-
- 8-10 years'+ experience as an Electrical and Instrumentation Designer with demonstrable experience with Greenfield and Brownfields design (must be Australian based experience)
- Extensive experience in design of electrical, instrumentation and controls interfacing for oil and gas facilities.
- Previous experience with Woodside and Inpex documentation systems, standards and workpack development requirements is highly regarded.
- Strong experience in 3D modelling of cable routing systems, instrumentation and electrical equipment, with a high regard for candidates with experience in PDMS.
- Strong experience in drafting and checking of 2D drawings, including electrical single line diagrams, terminations, schematics, layouts, details, instrumentation hookup drawings, cable block diagrams and generating draft cable schedules and material take off lists.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities to mentor existing E&I design team.
- The ability to read and interpret piping and instrumentation diagrams is highly regarded.
- The ability to work autonomously as well as work with a team of engineers and other designers.
- Sound HSE knowledge relevant to oil and gas industry.
- A proactive and positive, ‘can do’ approach to solving problems, meeting project deadlines and budgetary constraints.
- The ability to self-manage the deliverable requirements of multiple simultaneous small projects as required, efficiently and effectively.
- Excellent communication skills - written and spoken
- Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency.
Why Choose Momentum Engineering?
- We live by our values – agility, innovation, teamwork, improve, safety and integrity
- Our regular surveys show our staff are extremely happy working at Momentum and love our benefits such as regular social events, sponsored wellness events and flexible hours.
- We encourage staff to be involved and suggest improvements to our business
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your application by 20th January 2019. , including a covering letter addressing the above information and forward via the 'Apply Now' button. Note that only short listed applicants will be contacted. No recruitment agencies please.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?