Advertiser: Egan Street Resources LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Jan 2019
- Geraldton, Gascoyne & Midwest
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Mining - Operations
Applications are sought from qualified and experienced mining professionals to undertake the role of Underground Manager.
EganStreet is an emerging Western Australian gold company which is focused on the exploration and development of the 100%-owned Rothsay Gold Project, located 300 km north-east of Perth in WA’s Midwest region.
Rothsay has a long history of successful underground mining and the Company is focused on successfully bringing the Rothsay Gold Project into production, on time and on budget in Q4, 2019.
The Company has significant tenement holdings in the region, with a long-term strategy to further explore the highly prospective region.
Reporting to the General Manager Rothsay Gold Project, the Underground Manager will be a key member of the project development team, responsible for overseeing operational readiness for the mining operation.
The Underground Manager will transition into the operational phase, with responsibility for;
- selection of the mining and technical team;
- development of systems and procedures;
- overseeing the smooth transition from development into steady-state mine production.
Once fully operational, the Underground Manager will be responsible for;
- Performance of the mining contractor;
- Mine planning and production;
- Mining operational budgets;
- Statutory reporting and compliance.
To be considered for this role, applicants will present the following qualification, skills and experience:
- Bachelor of Engineering degree in Mining Engineering, or similar;
- Hold a WA First Class Mine Manager’s Certificate of Competency;
- Have significant experience within an Underground development and production environment;
- Previous start up / project development experience would be highly regarded;
- Enjoy working as part of a small technical team;
- Have an understanding and application of mine planning, production targets, technical excellence, schedule control and cost control;
- Have a proven background in mentoring a safe and respectful culture;
- Have experience working with a mining contractor and in the administration of obligations of the mining contract; and
- Working knowledge and application of mining software.
The successful applicant will perform the role as part of a small site-based leadership team.
Emerging Underground Managers who hold a First Class Mine Manager Certificate of Competency and have significant previous experience performing this role in an alternate capacity are encouraged to make an application for this role.
Roster and Conditions
The successful applicant for this role will have a consultative style and enjoy working as part of a small team. During early project development, the role will be based in Company’s South Perth office, with regular / frequent travel to site. The role will transition into an operational, site-based role.
To be considered for this role, please submit a CV and brief introductory covering letter by following the APPLY NOW prompts. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Initial enquiries are welcome via firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment Consultancies are respectfully requested not to submit applications for this role. Candidates will be considered via direct application only.