Senior Coal Geologist / Project Geologist
Advertiser: Global Ore DiscoveryMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Jan 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Mining - Exploration & Geoscience
Senior Geologist / Project Geologist
A Brisbane based Consultancy with a growing client base is seeking committed Senior Geologists and Project Geologists driven to make new metallurgical coal discoveries.
Working at the forefront of coal exploration in Queensland, you are looking for a consulting role that applies your broad and advanced technical capability to integrated geological interpretation, target generation, and exploration program design.
Consistently effective in field and office-based coal exploration teams, you excel at
- stratigraphic mapping,
- facies and paleoenvironment modelling,
- geophysical data interpretation (wireline logs, AVT/OTV, gravity, magnetics, 2D-seismic),
- coal quality data analysis and interpretation,
- structural geology,
- resource modelling,
- data management and
- report writing
You have extensive experience working with stakeholders from diverse backgrounds, managing competing objectives and enjoy sharing your knowledge with peers and junior team members.
You thoroughly understand Queensland’s coal exploration permitting and administration systems. A PhD or MSc in Economic Geology or related to coal exploration is an advantage.
Responsible to the SSE while on site, and reporting to the Consultancy’s Operations Manager you complement your advanced technical abilities with:
- Safety credentials to a high standard
- Great communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- A focus on creating value by applying your abilities diligently, accurately and creatively
- Competency with GIS, geophysics and geology software and databases
- Current Coal Board Medical and S11 certificates
- BSc Hons in Geology
- Membership of AusIMM or similar
- A current First Aid/CPR certificate
- Two professional referees familiar with your work
Are you ready to work with a highly credentialed team driven to make new discoveries? Submit your covering letter and resume today, offers may be made before the closing date.
Candidates must have the right to live and work in Australia. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply and have developed a flexible and supportive working environment.
There is a competitive remuneration package commensurate with experience available to the successful candidate.
About the Business
Our established Brisbane-based geoscience business is a multi-commodity, exploration and mining services consultancy, focused on providing complete technical and management services to the coal and mineral resources industry, investors and government agencies.
Our teams work closely with our clients, providing target generation, greenfield exploration program design, brownfield resource expansion and production solutions, technical innovation, operational support, technology advice, independent technical reviews and expert reports.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Have you completed a qualification in geology?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?