Senior Archaeologist - Aboriginal and Historical Heritage
Advertiser: Umwelt Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Jan 2019
- Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Consulting & Strategy, Environment & Sustainability Consulting
A fabulous opportunity exists for a Senior Archaeologist to undertake and support a wide range of archaeological and historical heritage projects primarily located throughout NSW.
- Vibrant team culture
- Strong organisational values
- Project diversity
- Dynamic and highly skilled team
- Employee ownership opportunities
About the role:
We are seeking to appoint a Senior Archaeologist, to provide delivery of Aboriginal cultural heritage and archaeological projects. Working as part of our team you will get to work on a range of interesting and high profile projects while our Principal Archaeologists help you continue to grow your skills. The successful applicant will be a 'self-starter', with strong commitment and the ability to successfully deliver projects.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Senior Archaeologist who has:
- Degree in Archaeology or other relevant degree, with Honours level qualifications as a minimum
- Previous relevant working experience (at least 5 years)
- Sound knowledge of State and Commonwealth legislation
- Demonstrated experience in:
- Management of Aboriginal archaeological projects as a minimum and experience in historical heritage also desirable
- Consultation with Aboriginal parties
- Preparation of high quality reports, including Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Assessments, Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Management Plans and Archaeological Salvage Reports
- Obtaining and implementing Aboriginal Heritage Impact Permits, with the ability to obtain and implement Excavation Permits and Exemption/Exceptions also desirable
- Archaeological surveys, test excavation, monitoring, excavation, recording and analysis of artefacts
- Working with statutory authorities, including the Office of Environment and Heritage, Heritage Division and local councils
- Working within budget and meeting deadlines
- Commitment to workplace health and safety requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with a range of stakeholders including clients and government agencies
- A team player who is organised, motivated and self-directed
What we offer:
- A genuine career role for an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Archaeologist looking to continue to develop their leadership skills and experience
- A role working alongside well-recognised professionals
- Opportunity to work across a range of sectors on diverse and technically challenging projects
- Flexible working arrangements
- An attractive remuneration package.
We are a leading environmental and social consultancy committed to delivering high quality services, tailored to the needs of our regional, national and international clients. Our highly skilled team works across Australia in sectors including resources, Defence, infrastructure, mining, industry and renewables. To learn more about what we do go to: www.umwelt.com.au
Our people are our number one asset and we are committed to providing a workplace that supports our team to grow.
If you believe you meet the criteria apply via SEEK. Your application should include a Covering Letter addressing how you meet the above essential criteria and your CV outlining your previous experience.
To discuss the role and/or the organisation you can contact Umwelt on 02-4950 5322.
Applications close Monday 4 February 2019, however, we will be interviewing suitable candidates as soon as they are identified and may fill the role prior to this date. We therefore request that you make your application for this role as soon as possible.
Umwelt are wholly managing this process and applications from third party recruiters will not be accepted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?