Advertiser: Thames and Hudson AustraliaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Jan 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Editing & Publishing
Thames & Hudson Australia Ltd (ABIA Small Publisher of the Year 2018) is Australia’s leading publisher and distributor of illustrated books on the visual arts, architecture, interiors, gardening, fashion, gift and children’s books.
We seek to recruit a part-time publicist to create media campaigns for a range of lead titles published by one of our leading international distribution clients, Laurence King Publishing.
The role reports locally but will have regular and direct lines of communication with counterparts in the UK. The role will be approximately 20 hours per week, negotiable.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a sound understanding of marketing principles through an appropriate tertiary qualification and have an established network within the Australian media. Preferably, they will have experience working in the book publishing industry and demonstrate a good understanding of consumer and illustrated book publishing.
- Develop a national network of media contacts supportive of publicising books, grow those relationships and send original, timely and insightful information.
- Prepare media and press releases for key titles
- Manage reviews and interviews
- Write creative and engaging copy to encourage media interest and for use throughout digital platforms
- Plan author tours and events, often in partnership with book retailers or public spaces
- Align with a monthly sales cycle
- Prepare authorised content that can be reproduced in the media
- Manage embargos and restrictions, where appropriate
- Close author liaison and expectation management
- Regular reporting of results internally and to principals in UK
- Close liaison with sales department
This position is covered under the Book Industry Award 2010, Publicist Grade 3. Please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Publicist." Application closing date is 1st February 2019