OSHC Operations Manager/Nominated SupervisorPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 18 Jan 2019
- Sydney, North West & Hills District
- $70,000 - $80,000 + super
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Childcare & Outside School Hours Care
Located at Kellyville, we provide quality care to families from our local primary schools.
We require an OSHC Operations Manager to join our friendly team in this critical role.
Working alongside the owner, your key accountability will be to effectively manage our centre.
Why join us?
- Excellent pay rate ($70-$80K)
- Great team with a positive environment
- Supportive management who are very approachable
- On-the-job training and professional development opportunities
- Well-resourced program
- Work-life balance encouraged (hours are 10.30AM - 6:30PM Monday to Friday)
Skills to excel in this role:
- Must have a min. 5 years' serviced management experience
- Must have valid working with children check
- Diploma trained
- First aid, anaphylaxis and asthma cert required
- Organised and clean traits a must
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with all stakeholders
- Ability to supervise and lead a team of educators
- It is a mostly a self-managed role so time management is essential
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure children's needs are being met and sufficient supervision is adhered to by yourself and the staff on duty
- Ensure the centre is clean and clear of hazards
- Supervision of staff
- Ensure the program is run and a routine is followed as closely as possible
- Assigning tasks morning and afternoon to staff to ensure all floor duties are completed.
- Building and Maintaining relationships with children and parents as the main point of contact and ensuring a welcoming environment
- Record any incidents and follow mandatory reporting requirements with staff if required
- Liaise between staff and the owner where necessary
- Creating and managing a program system between children and staff
- Using Qikkids, charging parents and producing reports
- Encouraging families to be involved with the service
- Ensure meals are nutritious, well presented and safe for children
- Plan programming including incursions e.g. dentist, fire brigade and police
- Plan before school care, after school care and vacation care program, ensuring it is linked to My Time Our Place
- Advertising and Marketing for vacation care
- Working on policing and QIP to ensure that the centre is continually improving
- Following all policy and produces in place and ensuring all children and parents are following them also
Apply now via SEEK for this great opportunity!
Please ensure you provide a resume with cover letter and bring examples to the interview of your programming, QIP or any other documents that will see you being successful in the role.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have experience planning and implementing education programs in an early learning environment?
- Have you completed a Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care?