Accounts Receivable & Payable | Office Admin Support | Part Time
Advertiser: AFT HireMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Jan 2019
- Melbourne, Western Suburbs
- $25 - $29 per hour 3 days a week Flexible days
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Administration & Office Support, Administrative Assistants
About the business
AFT Hire is a thriving family owned business that provides temporary hire needs to the construction & event industry.
What started as a small operation has now grown into one of Melbourne's leading Temporary Fencing and Portable Toilet Hire businesses. Our team specialises in providing high quality, fast and reliable service to our customers across Melbourne metro and surrounding suburbs.
About the role
The Objective of this role is to ensure all accounts are kept up to date, including accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll. Whilst obtaining a clear and focused understanding of the current state of accounts.
General Admin tasks to be completed throughout the day, to ensure function of the office procedures and team. This can include friendly interaction with customers via phone or email and delivery on our high quality customer service, following up on expired hires and data entry.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Debt Collection
- Answer customer queries on invoices
- Mark received payments in Xero
- Updating Monthly Age Rec Report
- Collecting & entering Bills electronically into Xero
- Schedule Bill payments in accordance to due dates
- Reconciliation of bills paid in Xero from bank account & credit card
- Process weekly payroll from clock cards
- Keep all employee information up to date
Re-Hire on Expired Hires within InspHire
- Contact & notify customers who have expired hire items
- Follow Re-Hire system for all hire items out on site
Shared Customer Service & Data Entry Duties
- Support role of answering incoming calls
- Providing customers with information regarding our services & quotes
- Data Entry; entering and processing new job orders using Hire software
- Invoicing Jobs once completed, or prior to job for COD's
Standard Office Admin Expectations
- Support, communicate & work with office admin team
- Report to and provide general support to Managing Director when required
- Comply with all Company Policies and Procedures
Benefits and perks
Here at AFT Hire we pride ourselves on having an intimate team of hard working young individuals.
Our vibrant and efficient team culture has a "Get it done" attitude whilst enjoying the work along the way. We are excited and motivated by growth, implementing systems and executing daily procedures.
With a clear understanding of each team members roles and responsibilities it allows all team members to feel they have clear purpose and objective.
At AFT Hire we are continuously looking to improve and grow not only our business but also our people. Our growth opportunities include, professional and personal development, financial incentives such as bonuses, and experience in leadership and operations.
We often enjoy team barbeques, morning coffee runs and company outings.
Skills and experience
We are looking for an individual to join our team who acquires most of the following key industry skills and personality traits. With an detailed orientated attitude, willingness to learn and an already thriving skill set in bookkeeping and admin support.
- Accounts Receivable / Payable
- Office Admin
- Friendly & assertive nature
- Strong communication skills
- Customer Service skills
- Using Initiative
- Self Motivated
- Ability to work towards targets & goals
- How many years of bookkeeping experience do you have?
- Which of the following accounting packages are you experienced with?
- Do you have experience completing Business Activity Statements (BAS)?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?