- Job Listing Date
- 9 Jan 2019
- Gold Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Plumbers
Who are we...
Since it was founded in 1961, Southport Sharks has established itself as an industry leader and boasts a diverse range of food and beverage brands, kids' zone, gaming room, multi-purpose Events Centre with capacity for 1000 people, and a Health and Fitness Centre.
Evolving from humble beginnings, today Sharks boasts over 55,000 members annually and is regarded as one of the Gold Coast's premier entertainment, dining and leisure venues as well as being the largest Australian Rules Football Club in Queensland.
The latest addition to our service offering is a new fully serviced hotel – Mantra at Sharks. Located alongside Southport Sharks and central to the Gold Coast Health and Knowledge precinct, the hotel includes 120 hotel rooms and suites, two conference rooms and a rooftop bar.
Due to the significant growth of our business, we are currently seeking an experienced Maintenance Officer who will be responsible for carrying out general maintenance and plumbing work.
You are ……
- Someone with exceptional integrity and work ethic
- Neat and tidy in presentation
- Able to maintain a high standard of workmanship without supervision
- Focused on attention to detail
- Able to use initiative and work autonomously
- Able to follow systems and processes, including some paperwork and administrative duties
- Reliable, punctual, hardworking and honest.
- Willing to accept variations to a Monday - Friday roster where circumstances so dictate
- Solid general maintenance experience in a commercial environment
- A trade qualification and strong skills and experience in plumbing
- Be able to read and interpret hydraulic plans
- First Aid Certificate
- Current drivers license
- At minimum, basic computer skills
- An eye for detail
- Exceptional work ethic
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- The ability to work both effectively within a team, or unsupervised.
If you are up for a challenge in this position, we encourage you to apply now! Applications close Wednesday, 30 January 2019.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Have you completed a qualification in plumbing?
- How many years' experience do you have as a maintenance plumber?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Have you previously worked in a 4 - 5 star hotel?