Advertiser: Furkids FunhouseMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Jan 2019
- Work Type
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Veterinary Services & Animal Welfare
Furkids Funhouse is new boutique Doggy Daycare and Grooming facility in the Western Suburbs which opened in February 2018. We operate under force free principles and are also cage free.
For the right person, this position may also include additional hours as a daycare attendant.
You will possess confidence and a personable nature that will allow you to contribute to a growing business.
The successful candidate will have a strong customer service approach with excellent dog handling skills and breed knowledge and the desire to continue to increase their knowledge and skills.
- An experienced groomer with a minimum of 1 year salon or mobile experience
- Able to complete all clips & breed cuts to a high standard
- Understand the force free principles and be kind and patient with all dogs
- Have a great “can do” attitude
- Confident with handling of dogs of all sizes
- Be physically fit and able to lift dogs
You will be expected to:
- Complete all aspects of grooming, including bathing, drying & clipping
- Maintain a clean, tidy & presentable grooming room
- Discuss groom with clients
- Assist with Doggy Daycare
What’s in it for you:
- Fun work environment
- Flexible hours
- No weekend work
- Second person available for hard to handle dogs
- Diversity in role between grooming and daycare
Additional hours may be available in the Day Care and as business grows
As part of this process you will be asked to complete a two-hour grooming trial.
****ONLY APPLICANTS WITH GROOMING EXPERIENCE WILL BE CONTACTED****
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have professional dog grooming experience?
- Have you completed a qualification in pet grooming or styling?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- How many hours are you available to work per week?