Advertiser: Robinson Ryan Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Jan 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Business/Systems Analysts
We are actively seeking an experienced Analyst who can hit the ground running in supporting our clients and team members in the delivery of Business Analysis and Data Development Testing services. The successful applicant must have demonstrated initiative in solving difficult problems. This is a full-time contractor role starting ASAP.
- Gather requirements and business rules from stakeholders
- Promote common terminology and standard definitions
- Identify and document metadata including attribute definitions and examples
- Analyse and assess the impact of proposed changes to data models and database tables
- Develop and execute of test strategies for database, BI, analytical and ETL applications
- Collaborate with system developers to ensure solutions work as expected and facilitate defect resolution
- Mentor junior analysts
The skills you bring:
- Experience working in Waterfall and Agile environments
- Demonstrated facilitation skills in organising/running workshops and other stakeholder dialogue to gather and validate requirements
- Superior ability to elicit, organise and validate business requirements, acceptance criteria and traceability
- Ability to communicate effectively and produce clear, concise and accurate documentation
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems
- Experience applying software development methods
- Experience in mentoring of junior staff
- Proficiency with one of more of the following: IBM IIS, Qlik, SAS, SQL (desirable)
- Experience in the use of Requirements Engineering methodologies (desirable)
Your demonstrated personal qualities:
- A demonstrated strong commitment to quality
- A customer focused and service-oriented mindset
- A self-starter with a strong initiative and desire to complete tasks
- A proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
- A proven ability to work under pressure in a team environment
- Creative and innovative thinking.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in a business analyst (BA) role?
- Do you hold Australian Security Clearance?
- Are you willing to relocate for this role?