Education Consultant - Teaching and Learning
Advertiser: Firefly Education Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Jan 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $77K (inc super). Car, phone and laptop provided.
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Other
Firefly Education is a thriving educational publishing company producing high quality print and digital materials for Australian classrooms.
We require either an educational sales consultant with teaching experience or a qualified teacher to become part of our dynamic sales team. This consultant will service the needs of schools in Victoria.
The position of Education Consultant requires you to promote our innovative and highly regarded Maths, Spelling, Handwriting and English series.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, prepared to work flexible, full-time hours, capable of working independently from home, but willing to contribute to a team environment. Excellent communication skills and computer literacy are essential and a passion for education will be well regarded.
The role would require you to:
- visit schools to present our products to key decision makers
- present professional development sessions promoting our range of award winning educational resources to teachers and administrators
- visit schools interested in our products to share information with key decision makers
- develop a close working relationship with educational booksellers servicing schools in your region to help drive sales
- be comfortable driving to country areas or in city traffic
- attend quarterly training meetings on the Sunshine Coast
- report regularly to the National Sales Manager
The ideal candidate will have:
- qualifications and experience in primary teaching
- a dynamic presence when public speaking
- the ability to prioritise and manage time efficiently
- the ability to travel inter and intra state
- a current driver's licence
- a home office in the Greater Melbourne area
Sales experience would be beneficial but not essential.
If your strengths lie in an ability to talk easily to teachers and to present professional development sessions with confidence and flair then this job is yours to develop.
This is a full-time contract position for an initial period of 12 months.
Please send your cover letter and resume to us via the seek portal.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Have you completed a qualification in teaching?