- Job Listing Date
- 10 Jan 2019
- Gold Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Management
Mantra at Sharks opened in March 2018.
We are currently looking for an Assistant Front Office Manager to be part of our Front Office team.
Who are we...
Since it was founded in 1961, Southport Sharks has established itself as an industry leader. Featuring a diverse range of food and beverage brands, kids' zone, gaming room, multi-purpose Events Centre, and a Health and Fitness Centre – today Sharks hosts over 55,000 members and is regarded as a premier entertainment, dining and leisure destination.
The latest addition to our service offering is a new serviced hotel in partnership with leading Australian accommodation provider, Mantra Group. Located alongside Southport Sharks and central to the Gold Coast Health and Knowledge precinct, the hotel will include 120 rooms and suites, two conference rooms and a rooftop bar.
As an Assistant Front Office Manager, you will lead and guide the Front Office team, ensuring a smooth and seamless service experience in line with the Hotel's vision and goals. You will effectively manage the coordination and supervision of all guest and group arrivals and departures.
Working closely with the Front Office Manager, you will develop and maintain a positive work culture and a commitment to providing exceptional guest service standards.
- In conjunction with the Front Office Manager, provide training and coaching to develop your front office team.
- Responding to telephone and in-person inquiries regarding reservations, hotel information and guest concerns.
- Ensuring service standards of all Front Office staff is professional, helpful at all times.
- Effectively communicating with all departments of the hotel to ensure guest satisfaction is consistently achieved
- Managing customer relations to deliver truly memorable experiences for our guests
- Controlling costs & wages through effective staff management, product ordering and revenue generating opportunities
- Ensure safety, security and legislative requirements are being met
- Performing Night Audit duties when required
- Performing other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
- At least two years' experience in a similar hotel role (experience in Sihot is advantageous)
- A hands on approach with strong leadership skills and the ability to carry out daily tasks.
- Extensive experience coaching, motivating and developing a Front Office team
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to be flexible in your approach
- Ability to anticipate the needs of guests and exceed satisfaction levels
- Drive the implementation of strategies set by Senior Management around wage cost, product presentation, team member management & guest service delivery.
- Strong analytical skills with a high level of computer literacy and accuracy
- Conflict resolution, complaint handling and negotiation skills
- Exceptional grooming and presentation standards
- Flexibility to work afternoon, night and weekend shifts essential.
Sound like you?
Apply now by submitting a cover letter and your resume by Tuesday 29 January 2019.
- How many years' experience do you have in the hospitality & tourism industry?
- How many years' experience do you have as a manager / team lead?
- Are you available to work on a rotating roster?