- Job Listing Date
- 10 Jan 2019
- Sydney, North Shore & Northern Beaches
- Work Type
- Sport & Recreation, Management
- Lead a team of approx. 5 lifeguards on any given shift
- Be a visible presence both on pool deck and in other areas of the facility
- Casual & Part Time roles available
We are now looking for 2 Duty Managers to come and join the fun and energetic team at Ku-ring-gai. Ideally we would require you to work between the hours of 6am and 6pm on Saturdays and/or 12.30pm and 6.30pm on Sundays as well as various shifts across the weekday.
About your new role
You will be reporting to the Operations Coordinator, however your shift will consist of leading a team of approx. 4-5 Lifeguards and be a visible presence to support and guide them on shift. You will also do regular water testing and chemical balancing of all pools in the facility. You will be the first point of contact when management have left for the day or not available in all aspects of the facility. This role will also consist of you covering breaks for Lifeguards on your shift and in all other departments in the facility.
- Have a fun and engaging attitude for your role
- Have great time management skills
- Ability to deal with conflict resolution
To be successful in the role, you will have
- Aquatic Technical Operations Certificate (Pool Ops)/Plant room experience
- Current Senior First Aid and CPR or willing to obtain (Prior to commencement)
- Pool Lifeguard Licence
About the Y
YMCA NSW is a profit-for-purpose organisation focused on healthy living, social impact and empowering young people. We operate 22 recreation centres, 63 Out of School Hours Care services and two camping locations which fund our diverse range of community programs, employing 1800 staff across NSW.
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes diversity and offers flexible work arrangements to support our employees as well as encourage work life balance!
Commitment to Safeguarding
YMCA NSW, including its Board of Directors, commits to creating and maintaining an environment that ensures all people involved in YMCA NSW activities, programs or services act in the best interests of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and take all reasonable steps to ensure their safety, welfare and wellbeing. The successful applicant is required to undergo probity checks which include Reference checks, a Working with Children Check and Criminal History Check before commencement. Employment is subject to clearance of all these checks.