Bookkeeper for high tech SME
Advertiser: EM SolutionsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Jan 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Bookkeeping & Small Practice Accounting
EM Solutions is a privately held, award-winning medium size company that designs and manufactures microwave communications products used by both commercial and defence customers. The company’s products and systems are used for highly robust satellite communications by well-known defence system integrators and military customers around the world.
The company is based in Brisbane and has a vacancy for an experienced Bookkeeper, reporting to the Financial Manager.
The key requirements of the position are:
- Bookkeeping qualifications.
- A minimum of five (5) years of bookkeeping experience with exposure to manufacturing as well as the SME environment.
- Expert level proficiency in MYOB, desktop and cloud based versions.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and discretion are the keys to be successful in this role.
- An intimate knowledge of full function payroll, day to day data entry and operation of general ledger, debtors, creditors, foreign exchange, inventory, freight/shipping and reconciliations.
- Building close working relationships with Purchasing, Stores and Operations.
- Experience with MRP systems – data entry, cost collection, analysing and follow up of variances as needed.
- Assist with month end reporting, budgeting as well as ad hoc reporting requirements.
- Permanent residency or eligibility to work in Australia.
As is the nature of small business, the position does encompass a range of hands-on activities, including accurate data entry, which at times can be high volume along with day to day problem solving.
Experience with the MRP system Ostendo will be looked on favourably.
A competitive salary depending on qualifications and experience as well as a reasonable degree of flexible working hours are on offer for the successful applicant.
Applications close on the 31st January 2019.
Apply now including a brief CV and covering letter outlining previous experience and addressing the key points requirements of the position outlined above.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?