Graduate Security Specialist
Advertiser: HatamotoMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Jan 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Consulting & Strategy, Strategy & Planning
HATAMOTO is an Australian owned and operated consultancy firm providing specialist advice in the emerging discipline of Business Resilience with a dedicated focus on the maritime, aviation, major event, critical infrastructure, energy, health, hospitality, mass passenger transport and government sectors. We offer our clients a diverse range of strategic and operational services within various fields including risk management, business continuity, security planning and emergency / crisis management.
In this role you will work closely with HATAMOTO’s Directors and a team of consultants providing organisational-wide support to projects from our Head Office in Sydney. You will gain exposure to a diverse range of business resilience activities and have the opportunity to work on a variety of security projects across numerous industry sectors.
In return for your hard work and dedication you will be provided with ongoing mentoring and training, an attractive salary package (commensurate with your level of experience), an enjoyable work environment and a clearly defined career path.
Basic Duties & Responsibilities
- Liaise with and communicate relevant security information to client and stakeholders
- Contribute to project operational planning and implementation
- Coordinate security operations
- Review and develop Maritime and Transport Security Plans for various facilities
- Conduct research including preparation of client intelligence briefs
- Perform security vetting of individuals and groups
- Conduct investigations relating to security incidents
- Develop administrative systems and prepare routine correspondence
- Draft reports
- Develop training
- Undertake training and development to become a licensed security consultant in NSW
Skills and Experience
Security management, major event, legal, law enforcement, intelligence or defense industry experience is ADVANTAGEOUS for this position.
The following skills are considered ESSENTIAL:
- Ability to apply security / intelligence / risk & emergency management principles demonstrated through the drafting of academic quality reports
Additionally, the following skills or experience are considered HIGHLY DESIRABLE:
- Knowledge of Australian law including: maritime & aviation security, counter-terrorism, and security / risk / emergency management legislation
- Maritime, aviation, major event or critical infrastructure protection experience
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with government and law enforcement agency representatives
- Working knowledge of AS/NZS/ISO standards for Security, Risk and Emergency Management
Tertiary Qualifications in the following disciplines are considered DESIRABLE:
- A Bachelor degree or Diploma in: Security/ intelligence/ Law/ Justice/ Event & Venue Operations/ Risk Management/ Counter Terrorism or a related field
- Sports/ Event Administration
- Quality, safety and/or lead auditor course qualifications
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessing
This is a security related position and background vetting will apply. The successful applicant will be required to submit to a criminal background check and either possess or be capable of obtaining a Maritime/Aviation Security Identification Card and Security Consultant Licence.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to applications@HATAMOTO.com.au at your earliest convenience. This position is available for immediate commencement. Accordingly, respondents are encouraged to submit their application as a matter of priority. Please note that this position is in Sydney’s Head Office. Persons applying for this position outside of Sydney will be required to relocate at their own expense.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- What's your highest level of education?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?