General Manager Operations
Advertiser: Local Government Association of QldMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Jan 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Government & Defence, Government - Local
Closing Date 21/01/2019
As the Region of Choice, Gladstone has long held a reputation as both Queensland’s powerhouse and a lifestyle destination for families looking for quality of life that is second to none. There is something for everyone in the Region, from city to rural and coastal living, and a strong regional economy combined with world-class beaches, numerous community facilities and untouched national parks.
Gladstone Regional Council is further developing its strategic and operational capability to ensure the delivery of quality, cost effective and sustainable services meets the current and future needs of ratepayers and the community. As a result, Council seeks to appoint a highly capable and experienced Executive into the General Manager Operations role.
This critical multi-functional Executive role will provide strategic leadership of a diverse portfolio spanning infrastructure development, delivery and maintenance/operations associated with roads, water and sewerage, waste and recreational spaces. Driving value for money, quality and efficient outcomes that meet the service levels expected by the Council and the community in a safe manner will be a key outcome.
Reporting to the CEO, your key accountability includes:
- Providing strategic advice to the CEO and Executives team to enable the achievement of community, Council and operational goals.
- Leading and developing a high performing team that will effectively deliver financially efficient and service oriented capital and operational expenditure programs.
- Introducing a portfolio management approach to infrastructure/works delivery and improving processes and practices to optimise planning and resources.
- Developing and implementing robust, process driven and commercially driven contracting strategies across the portfolio.
- Driving a safe work culture across all aspects of the team’s activities.
To make a positive impact, you will be a proven progressive leader with true strategic insight and the ability to lead transformation and build organisational capability and culture. Your experience will include a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a senior strategic leadership role overseeing the operations, maintenance or project/program delivery in a highly technical infrastructure sector (civil engineering, utilities, transport etc.). You can demonstrate strong influencing/negotiation skills and political astuteness.
For further details and to apply for the role, please press the apply button or go to the following website :
For a confidential conversation, please call Celia Jones at Peak Recruitment Services on 0409 119 561