Contract AdministratorPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Jan 2019
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Construction, Contracts Management
Taylor is a dynamic construction and property delivery partner connecting people and spaces.
Established in 1994, Taylor design, construct and develop diverse projects for all sectors from project inception to completion. With more than 300 team members, Taylor services its clients across core divisions including construction, fitout & refurbishment and property.
We are currently seeking a talented and experienced Contract Administrator for a large commercial project, based in Western Sydney.
As a key member of our team, the role will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following key tasks -
- Assist in Project Management Plan (PMP) preparation
- Thoroughly review Contract Documents, actively participate in subsequent meetings and contribute management strategies in Risk & Opportunity (R&O) Workshop.
- Assist in the development of the Procurement Strategy with regular monitoring and updates.
- Conduct checks on potential tenderers: compliance to government’s requirements (e.g. NCOP if applicable)
- Prepare and issue tender documents to approved tenderers and assess tender offers received based on established criteria.
- Manage project administration team to achieve financial objectives.
- Ensure project is completed in accordance with terms and conditions of Head Contracts, prepare and submit progress claims on time in accordance with contract terms.
- Achieve successful project delivery through maintaining efficient procedures relating to the engagement and assessment of subcontractors.
- Ensure Goods and Services required for all projects are procured in accordance with company procedures, raise purchase order or supply agreement, promptly review all invoices received and process/approve.
- Ensure completed projects are financially closed out as soon as possible upon reaching practical completion.
- Actively participate in the Work Health & Safety and Cultural Values, Principal and Practise Initiatives within the business.
To be considered for the position, applicants will have -
- Relevant tertiary qualifications with 3 to 5 years industry experience within a premium brand.
- Comprehensive understanding of the role with a strong work ethic and drive to succeed.
- Previous experience using JobPack or Cheops and knowledge of the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act.
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to negotiate and present considered ideas and suggestions.
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills combined with passion and positive energy for the industry.
Joining the Taylor team, will see you working with a progressive and diverse group of industry professionals, as you continue to develop and nurture your career within our supportive business culture. On offer is an attractive salary package, numerous employee benefits and ongoing professional development initiatives across the Group.
For a confidential discussion regarding the role, please contact Stacey Dawes on our HR team via firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information on our diverse list of high profile projects please go to www.taylorau.com.au.
We look forward to hearing from you.
* No agencies please.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have with contracts administration?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?