Advertiser: Keramos Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Jan 2019
- Perth, Rockingham & Kwinana
- $40,000 - $54,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Science & Technology, Laboratory & Technical Services
Immediate start for an enthusiastic Laboratory Assistant with a growing company.
This is an amazing opportunity!
Do you want to work for a company that continues to grow year on year?
Have you got the enthusiasm to be part of a team of highly professional employees working in a world leading laboratory facility?
Keramos Pty Ltd based in Port Kennedy is rapidly evolving as a market leader in high performance wear materials in the mining and manufacturing market sectors. We pride ourselves on quality and exceptional customer service, as such, we are looking for a fit and healthy, mature minded Laboratory Assistant to join our team.
We provide high quality ceramic grinding media products to the worlds mining and minerals industries. In order to provide the highest degree of product performance and service, Keramos has developed a market leading Ultra-Fine Grinding Laboratory. This highly equipped facility offers extensive metallurgical services to Keramos’ global customer base, as well as being an integral part of research and development along with quality control processes. The significance of this facility to our business growth is continually advancing and Keramos is now looking for an additional motivated team member to help drive forward the growth of this facility.
Salary package $40,000 - $55,000 dependent on experience.
As the Laboratory Assistant your primary responsibilities will be to undertake detailed laboratory test work studies. These studies will be associated with the research and optimisation of the use of ceramic grinding media in stirred media milling mineral processing applications.
You must have the commitment and dedication to be able to achieve high standards of work in a challenging environment, and to be responsible and reliable enough to be able to manage the necessary systems and processes.
Responsibilities & duties
To undertake the laboratory processes associated with detailed test work studies investigating the optimisation of ceramic grinding media selection and research and development of new ceramic grinding media products.
- Operation and monitoring of associated milling and analytical equipment
- Handling of samples and bulk materials
- Set-up, operation, monitoring of equipment
- Management of the receipt and logging of samples and laboratory stock
- Handling of samples and bulk materials
- Management of the workplace environment, maintaining a good level of cleanliness and organisation.
- Communication of the requirements of continuing operation of the laboratory to direct managers and support staff
- Upkeep and care of milling, analytical and ancillary equipment, so that a consistent level of productivity and accuracy can be maintained.
Academic & trades qualifications
- WACE and TAFE qualifications in sciences, preferably including mathematics
- High level of IT competency essential understanding of the following programs - Excel, Word and Outlook
- Work experience & skills.
- Previous experience of conducting scientific studies using analytical and processing equipment
- Previous experience of data management
- Experience or understanding of the management of laboratory processes.
- Previous experience of working in a laboratory environment
- Experience of working in a metallurgical laboratory
- Experience of working within the mining and mineral processing industry.
- The successful candidate will be well organised, have an attention for detail, efficient, hardworking, a good communicator with a great sense of humour too
- You will be happy to offer that little bit extra to get the job done in a timely manner
- We also require this person to be a proactive go-getter having enthusiasm and a positive outlook
- A team player that thrives on being part of a busy team and is prepared to go that extra mile for 'the team'
- You will be eager to learn new skills, new products and grow with the company.
- Capability to work on your own without management and have the discipline to maintain standards and deadlines.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to join a diverse hard working team.
Please submit your application with an introductory letter (letter not more than 2 pages) illustrating your experience relating to the Essential and Desirable experience for selection criteria along with details of your present salary and availability. Also required is a copy of your up to date resume and evidence of your qualifications.
- Applicants must live locally and be a permanent resident of Australia
- Applications without an introductory letter will not be considered.
Keramos operates a zero tolerance to Drugs and Alcohol. All Keramos employees' agree to random drug and alcohol testing on a regular basis.
No agencies please.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have a Certificate III in Laboratory Skills?
- How many years' experience do you have as a laboratory technician?