Refugee Health Nurse , Full Time, Fixed Term till June 2019
Advertiser: DPV HEALTH LTDMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jan 2019
- Melbourne, Northern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Nursing - Community, Maternal & Child Health
Registered Nurse Division 1 Grade 3B
Fixed term contract ending 30/06/2019
Generous Salary Packaging Available
DPV Health is a not-for-profit organisation that offers exceptional health care services to people of all ages. DPV Health is an inclusive organisation that celebrates the diversity of all people within our communities. We are passionate about helping to support people to lead happy healthy lives. DPV Health (DPV) is registered with the NDIA to work with people who have an NDIS plan and their families.
The position sits within the Asylum Seeker Refugee Health Team under the Directorate of Allied Health and Community Services
This role has the overall responsibility for:
- Conducting Comprehensive Refugee Health Assessment (Medicare Item) for all newly arrived refugee and asylum seeker clients referred into DPV Asylum Seeker Refugee Health Program.
- Coordinating the client journey through the health system, ensuring smooth access to relevant primary health care organizations
Applicants must have:
- Current AHPRA registration as Registered Nurse Division 1
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build a rapport with the client, external Settlement Support Case Workers and other health care professionals such as GPs
- Previous experience in a primary health care setting working within a diverse multicultural community
- Experience working with interpreting services
- Proficiency in client e file systems;
Trak e file and Medical Director used at DPV
- Demonstrated ability to support a coordinated approach by working with a range of stakeholders to improve health access for newly arrived refugee clients
For a copy of the position description and to find out more about DPV Health, please see our “getting involved” page on our website www.dpvhealth.org.au
Please apply via the seek website and submit a covering letter, your CV and address sections Work Experience Skills and Behaviours for consideration for this position.
You can also email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
For any enquiry’s contact Program Manager Jeanette Jarvis Ph: 8301 8861
Applications close: 21/01/2019
Successful applicants will be required to undergo or hold a National Police Check, Working with Children Check, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check, Full Drivers Licence and work rights for Australia.
DPV Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring we have an inclusive, diverse and safe workplace for our staff and clients. To us diversity means people of any age, family situation, cultural and linguistic background, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical sex characteristics, ability or disability, health, life experience, socio-economic situation, faith, spirituality and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background. We encourage all individuals to apply.