Quality Control ChemistPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jan 2019
- Melbourne, Western Suburbs
- $45,000-$50,000 base + super pro rata
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Science & Technology, Laboratory & Technical Services
A world leader in our field, our Company is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic person to fill a 6 month maternity leave contract role of Part-time (3 days pw) Quality Control Chemist in our Quality Control Department located in Altona North, Victoria.
Quality Control Chemist
Reporting to the Quality Systems Manager, this position will involve:
- Testing of products to ensure compliance to standards;
- Assist in analysis requirements for R&D/application samples;
- Preparation and standardisation of laboratory chemicals;
- Calibration and routine maintenance of laboratory equipment;
- Data entry, report writing and generation of Certificates of Analysis.
To be considered for this role you must:
- Be available to work Tuesday, Thursday and Friday each week;
- Bachelor Degree (Applied Science or Chemistry);
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a QC Laboratory, preferably in the healthcare/pharmaceutical/food manufacturing sector;
- Working knowledge of GLP and GMP;
- Previous experience using GC testing techniques;
- QC testing of raw, in-process and finished products;
- Calibration of laboratory instruments;
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication, problem solving and report writing skills;
- Sound knowledge of the OHS, HACCP and environmental requirements relating to a laboratory environment;
- A strong eye for detail and a customer service mindset;
- Strong IT skills;
- Instrumental experience using Gas Chromatography (preferred).
In return we offer free onsite parking and the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge in a laboratory environment with an exciting growing organisation.
Please note this role is a 6 month maternity leave replacement contract only. To pursue this opportunity, please click on the 'Apply for this job' button below and send your resume with a covering letter outlining how you meet the skills and experience required.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
No agencies please.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years' experience do you have as a laboratory technician?
- What's your highest level of education?