Samford State School P&C - Casual OSHC Educators Needed!
Advertiser: Samford State School Outside School Hour s CareMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jan 2019
- Brisbane, Northern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Education & Training, Childcare & Outside School Hours Care
At Samford State School we believe in the saying "It takes a village to raise a child". Our long established, P&C operated, Outside School Hours Care (OSHC) plays a leading role in supporting families by providing quality care for children in a fun, healthy and educational environment. If you are looking for a rewarding career with a community focused service that is steadily growing – then this is the opportunity for you!
As an OSHC Educator, your primary responsibilities are to:
- Create a positive and stimulating environment to support children's development;
- Communicate positively and openly with children on an ongoing basis;
- Support our Coordinator, Assistant Coordinator and Educational Leader in the effective and efficient operation of the service as well as assisting in the development of the educational program using the My Time Our Place learning framework;
- Complete paperwork pertaining to individual roles.
There are a range of casual shifts available from a minimum of 2 hours during our hours of operation (5 days a week):
- Before School Care 6:45 am – 9:30 am
- After School Care 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Vacation Care 7:00 am – 6:00 pm
It is essential that you have:
- Minimum Certificate III in Early Childhood or equivalent;
- Certificate of Suitability to work with Children and Young People (Blue Card);
- Senior First Aid Certificate and CPR;
- Asthma and Anaphylaxis management training;
- Experience in the care and education of children;
- Diploma of Children's Services would be advantageous (or studying towards)
$/hr depending on experience and qualifications as per the Parents and Citizens Associations Award - State 2016.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Which of the following First Aid accreditations do you currently hold?
- Do you have a Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?