Mechanical Designer/CNC Laser Programmer
Advertiser: Metlink Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jan 2019
- Brisbane, Southern Suburbs & Logan
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Engineering Drafting
About the business
Metlink is a sheet metal fabricator located in Meadowbrook on the Southside of Brisbane. We manufacture sheet metal components for OEM companies across a wide range of industries. Products can range from simple brackets to spray booths for the automotive industry.
About the role
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer/CNC Laser Programmer that aspires to build a great career in a dynamic and vibrant metal fabrication business.
Reporting to the Pre-production Technical Coordinator you will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Creating 3D models within Solidworks to meet the production standards that are required
- Programming clients order to the Laser using TruTops or programming to the orders to the turret punch. While also achieving the best possible yield for the sheet size
- Check drawings and maintain a quality drafting standard is met
- Updating the organisations drawing register and database
Skills and experience
Required Knowledge and Experience
To be successful in this role you will require experience in the CNC Laser industry, with knowledge and experience in 3D Modelling for sheet metal. In addition to this you will also require:
- Experience in the design of Switchboard cabinets, enclosures and kiosks (including liaising and advising other team members and clients in this area.)
- Ability to provide shop drawings for manufacture from basic client drawings
- Knowledge and experience using TRUMF TruTops laser software will be an advantage
- Knowledge and experience in punch programming using TruTops or CAD-Man will be beneficial
- Qualifications in Engineering drafting or Mechanical engineering (Desirable)
- Knowledge and experience within the laser industry
In addition to these requirements, you will have a "can do attitude", be focused on quality with a high attention to detail. You will also have the right to work in Australia, as well as being within Queensland.
If you want to be part of a growing business and feel you have the necessary qualifications and experience, please forward your resume by the "Apply" link.
All applications are to be received by no later than Monday 21st January 2019
Please no Agencies