Graphic Designer (Footwear)/In-house Web Designer (Maternity Leave)
Advertiser: URBAN Shoemakers Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jan 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $50,000 - $59,999 plus super
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Design & Architecture, Graphic Design
Urban Shoemakers is a shoe importer and wholesaler with over 30 years experience servicing the independent footwear market in Australian and New Zealand. From our Port Melbourne head office, we design, produce and import shoes for our multiple in-house footwear brands, including EOS, Effegie, Los Cabos, Kennedy and Valerie Grossi. Our shoes are then supplied to wholesale customers (B2B) and retail customers (in-store or via our e-commerce sites).
Due to maternity leave being taken by our current Graphic Designer, we are looking for an EXPERIENCED Graphic Designer with a keen eye for fashion/retail to join our fast paced in-house marketing and product team.
The role is incredibly varied, so we guarantee you will never get bored. You will need to have a strong understanding of web design (Shopify), print design and photography, with knowledge of marketing and copywriting an advantage. At URBAN we like people who are well rounded!
To thrive in this fast-paced environment you will need to be well organized, meticulous, creative and able to balance competing projects and deadlines. This is a unique role where you can really make an impact, it’s fairly autonomous so you’ll get ownership of your work and be encouraged to contribute your expertise to the business.
Working collaboratively with our marketing, product and development teams, you will report directly to the Marketing Coordinator and be responsible for;
- Create line sheets, flyers and look-books to assist sales team
- Miscellaneous assistance of the Product Development team, including image retouching and digital product mockups/ colour-ups.
- Manage new season additions to websites, including photographing shoes
- Website maintenance, improvements and on-going development - Shopify
- Design in-store POS for seasonal brand campaigns and retail events – can include posters, brochures, campaign materials, signage, catalogues and other branding materials
- Design and manage regular eDM mail-outs using Mailchimp
- Prepress preparation, management and output proofing of artwork
- Liaise with a range of digital and print professionals, and suppliers or customers as required
Other duties may include:
- Assisting in creation of seasonal campaigns, including concepts, photography brief and retouching brief for photoshoot
- Assist in the management social media accounts, including generating content and interacting online
- Monitor and report on online brand performance and suggest improvements
- Brand custodianship to ensure all materials are on-brand
- Assist in sourcing/briefing or generate content (photography and copy) for websites
- Tertiary qualifications in Graphic Design/Marketing
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role (preferably retail/advertising/fashion industries)
- Highly computer literate and advanced Adobe CC skills (including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat).
- Strong photography and art direction skills
- Ability to generate ideas and concepts in a range of media
- Strong experience working within the SHOPIFY environment and Mailchimp
- Strong attention to detail, organisational and time management skills
- Strong communication skills - an ability to work with limited briefs and effectively explain concepts
- Experience taking projects from initial concepts to final outcomes in a retail environment
- Creative flair, originality and a strong visual sense
- Basic copywriting skills
- Basic retouching, colour matching and contouring skills
- Understanding of social media, blog culture, fashion and retail trends
- A creative edge with a commercial aesthetic
- Copywriting experience
- Strong retouching skills
- Experience within social media environment
- Strong working knowledge of SEO
If you meet the above requirements, then we’d love to hear from you! Please apply online, forwarding your CV, a cover letter and a sample (ONLY) of your folio.
This position is a fixed term permanent position to cover our maternity leave commitments (Mid-June 2019), however if you prove to the team and business that you are an outstanding team member, this may commence your long-term career within Urban Shoemakers.
This is a full-time permanent position and applicants must be eligible to work long-term in Australia to apply for this role. Contact will be made only with successful candidates
NO AGENCIES NEED REPLY TO THIS POSITION
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following Adobe products are you experienced with?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Have you completed a qualification in design?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What Graphic Qualifications to you have?
- Briefly outline your Shopify design experience?
- How many years of Work Experience do you have as a Graphic Designer?