IT Support Engineer
Advertiser: GC Network ServicesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jan 2019
- Gold Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
GC Network Services requires an experienced and customer focused IT Support Engineer. The role involves both traveling to client sites to provide technical support in a small to medium business environment, as well as working in the office providing phone and remote support to these clients.
This role is a permanent full time position.
The successful candidate must have at least 36 months relevant work experience in a similar role or corporate Help desk/support role. You must be a self-starter with the ability to learn new skills and systems quickly.
Your primary duties will include:
- Resolving phone, email and remote support
- Logging all help desk tickets, prioritising & tracking issues
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues
- Performing scheduled maintenance activities
- Configuring and installing hardware & software
The successful candidate must have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum 36 months of experience in a similar role
- Strong documentation, communication and customer management skills
- Ability to prioritise and multitask
- Exceptional & logical troubleshooting skills
- Experience with desktop and laptop hardware, MS operating systems, Microsoft Office, Networking skills (LAN, VPN, WAN routers, switches), MS Windows Server (2008, 2012 & 2016), SBS server, Active Directory, Group Policy, Exchange server administration
- Experience in business backup software such as ShadowProtect and Veeam Backup
- Facilitating hardware, service and software sales and developing hardware/software solutions proposals
- Experience in programming and scripting would be advantageous
- Experience in cloud services (Office 365 & Gsuite)
- Experience in deploying and maintaining virtual server infrastructures (VMWare, HyperV, etc)
- Cloud migration project experience would be advantageous
- Must own a reliable car
Benefits & culture
- Small team in a flexible and co-operative environment
- Learn the latest technologies through internal/external training
- Car travel & mobile phone allowances
Please send your resume with a covering letter addressing the requirements of this position.
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Have you worked in a role where you were responsible for providing level 2 technical support?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- How many years' experience do you have as a support engineer?