Advertiser: HuxbabyMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jan 2019
- Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Design & Architecture, Graphic Design
Born and bred in Melbourne, Huxbaby is one of Australia’s fastest growing childrenswear brands, having experienced rapid growth over the past 24 months. Our designs blend super soft organic cotton with a clean aesthetic – clothes that allow kids to be kids without sacrificing style.
To learn more please visit our website www.huxbaby.com
We have an amazing opportunity for an experienced Textile/Graphic Designer to join the team at Huxbaby in a freelance or part-time capacity.
- Original artwork development in line with the Huxbaby brand strategy that meets customer needs and offers constant innovation
- Design on brand yardage prints & placement graphics according to briefs from the Huxbaby designers that focus on colour, print and pattern.
- Creative input research in the conceptualisation and development of the brief from the designer
- Completion of original artwork, in a variety of formats (Knit, Embroidery, Placement and yardage print design) based on a brief provided by the designers
The Ideal Candidate has:
- Experience in a textile design role, preferably within apparel. Childrenswear graphic experience preferred.
- Specialised in quirky/cute/vector based graphics
- Diploma or degree qualification in Textile Design or related field
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop & Microsoft Office suite
- Strong illustration & hand rendering skills
- A strong retail and commercial acumen
- The ability to meet deadlines and work within a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Are team oriented, and thrive in a collaborative and dynamic environment
This is a wonderful opportunity for someone who is passionate about contributing to childrenswear, being a part of a great office culture, and achieving real personal and professional development. Whilst we work hard, we also try to make it a fun, casual environment. This means: casual attire, dynamic team, music and chocolate in the office!
Salary is dependent on proven previous experience.
Please include in cover letter qualities you possess relevant to this role, why you would be an asset to our company and a portfolio of your work.
Email your cover letter & CV to: email@example.com