Chief Executive OfficerPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jan 2019
- Katherine & Northern Australia
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, CEO
Julalikari Council Aboriginal Corporation
Chief Executive Officer
Julalikari Council Aboriginal Corporation (JCAC) has an opportunity for a Chief Executive Officer based in Tennant Creek on a 3 year performance-based contract.
The CEO is responsible for providing strategic guidance to Board Members and strong operational leadership to all JCAC departments to ensure the effective delivery of services, programs, compliance and projects. This position will also maintain and strengthen partnerships with a diverse range of stakeholders to further JCAC objectives.
Reporting directly to the Chair of the Board and working with Board Members, the Executive Management Team and a range of expert consultants, you will deliver high quality leadership in, and promote organisational commitment to the following areas:
- Excellence in community engagement and stakeholder relations;
- Workforce planning and development with emphasis on strengthening capacity of the local workforce;
- Delivering the strategic direction of JCAC in conjunction with the Board;
- Implementing and making contributions to the development of key policies and strategies;
- Overseeing the governance, relationships, finance, compliance, strategic planning, resource management and business development functions of JCAC;
- Managing financial resources and risk;
- Providing leadership at a senior level, including developing and implementing systems to build relationships and improve performance;
- Executing formal reporting of financial and budget performance, and of programme operations to partner service level agreements;
- Advising the Board on strategic market and service sector opportunities and managing new initiatives approved by the board; and
- Pursuing financial development and sustainability through the identification and development of culturally appropriate services and business opportunities, to deliver positive outcomes for the community and funding partners, within budget limits.
You will have proven superior interpersonal, negotiation and consultative skills, have an ability to develop and implement strategic change; strong commercial acumen; and possess outstanding ability to build, develop and harness sustainable relationships across diverse stakeholder groups.
Your ability to display the highest levels of integrity, impartiality and confidentiality, and an understanding and appreciation of cross cultural issues as they affect program delivery, will also contribute to your success in the role.
Appropriate tertiary qualifications are highly desirable.
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to lead a high profile corporation with a pivotal presence in the NT. The position will offer an excellent overall remuneration package, 5 weeks annual leave, subsidised accommodation in a three bedroom, furnished house, a company vehicle with personal use, TOIL, and relocation assistance (negotiable).
Please submit your application no later than 31 January 2019 to email@example.com and contact Allan McGill on 0438 822 505 with any questions you may have.