Football Club Manager
Advertiser: Brothers Leagues Club (Cairns) LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jan 2019
- Cairns & Far North
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sport & Recreation, Management
Brothers Rugby League Football Club (Cairns) Inc. is a progressive, well-established and highly respected sporting club that currently has an exciting opportunity for a full time Football Club Manager. The position will be to oversee the day-to-day operations of the Senior and Junior Football Clubs, and assist with the enhancement of the Brother's brand in the wider community.
About the Position
The right candidate for this role will be self-motivated, energetic and enthusiastic about Rugby League. You will be required to provide the necessary administrative support to the Senior and Junior Football Clubs committees that will lay the platform for their smooth operation, and success both on and off the field.
The Successful Applicant Criteria
To be successful in this role you must have a sound level of understanding of the game of Rugby League and have the ability to work, not only autonomously but most importantly, along with all other stakeholders. The stakeholders includes committee members, players, coaches, volunteers, sponsors, and supporters. Your working hours will need to be flexible and fit in with the operational needs, particularly during the football season.
The successful applicant will need to have proven administrative experience and be able to demonstrate they possess proficient computer skills (particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), and e-communication skills. You will require current Working with Children Check and Drivers' Licence. The position of Football Club Manager is accountable to the Executive Committee of the Senior Football Club and is responsible for (but not limited to):
- Assisting the Executives members of the Senior and Junior Football Clubs with their duties and compliance with the Clubs strong corporate governance requirements;
- Ensuring the smooth operation of all game-day activities for both Senior and Juniors Football Clubs;
- Creating and organising fundraising initiatives and co-ordinating player involvement and support of such events;
- Overseeing and co-ordinating the use of Stan Williams Park facilities by third parties in accordance with the policies and procedures set down by Brothers Leagues Club's Senior Management;
- Assisting with the development and implementation of the Senior and Junior Football Clubs long term strategies to improve coaching, and player development within their geographical footprint;
- Building and improving relationships with club sponsors through regular and informative communication;
- Liaising with all affiliated and governing bodies, the media, business contacts, and other key stakeholders;
- Identifying opportunities to enhance the Club's reputation and brand as a sporting and community focused organisation with the ability to operate as the Club's key spokesperson in the delivery, and promotion of these initiatives.
- Permanent position
- Competitive salary
Should you meet the above criteria and share our enthusiasm for Rugby League, we encourage you to apply.
All applications to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications close on 25 January 2019.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience working towards targets and KPIs?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- How many years of business management experience do you have?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?