Commercial Manufacturing Chef
Advertiser: Roza's GourmetMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jan 2019
- $25 - $29.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Hospitality & Tourism, Chefs/Cooks
Roza's Gourmet is a boutique supplier of premium gourmet sauces & dips to over 600 independent wholesale and retail outlets across Australia and more recently overseas.
Listed in the BRW 'Fast 100' in 2017, Roza's Gourmet is defined by its naturally fabulous products made with love, providing old fashioned service, and unsurpassed gourmet Australian prestige.
This role is ideal for a qualified chef who is looking for daytime work in an exciting company. You will report directly to our Head Chef, working out of our Sumner factory.
We operate from an industrial kitchen, manufacturing gourmet products. We supply wholesale products nationally to leading grocers, deli's, and cafe's. Everything we make is preservative and gluten free, and you will be working with only the freshest all-natural ingredients.
Duties & responsibilities:
This is a physical, hands-on role. It involves all aspects of production and kitchen duties, including:
- Maintaining written records, such as cleaning rosters, batching sheets etc.
- Regular use of commercial mixing and filling equipment.
- Keeping a clean and hygienic workplace in accordance with QA & HACCP standards.
- Managing the quantity and rotation of stock and ingredients on hand.
- Following recipes with precision.
You will often be working unsupervised and with a constant workload, therefore you must possess the following:
- Attention to detail and be able to follow procedures concisely.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise.
- Be reliable, enthusiastic, and autonomous.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Current drivers licence & own car.
- Be comfortable with constant heavy lifting.
You must possess the relevant training and skillset to support our volume of production:
- Relevant manufacturing experience, preferably with FMCG short shelf life chilled food product.
- Experience in HACCP and food industry QA requirements.
- High attention to detail and strong organisation skills.
- A 'can do' positive attitude to achieve successful outcomes.
- Strong communication skills and ability to build relationships and lead a team.
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery is preferable.
- Experience working in a commercial, catering, or function kitchen environment.
- Competitive above award pay rates, based on knowledge and experience.
- An opportunity to work in a business with a proven track record in developing and promoting talented individuals to senior positions.
- Immediate start available.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- How many hours are you available to work per week?
- Do you hold a current Food Handlers certificate?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?