Accounts & Administration ManagerPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Feb 2019
- Gold Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Administration & Office Support, Other
Solo Resource Recovery is a thriving national company. Our operations include local government contracts and commercial operations in Western Australia, South Australia, Victoria and New South Wales. Our Head Office is based at Chinderah in northern NSW overlooking the Tweed River. The Gold Coast is within a close proximity and promotes a lifestyle which can include both beach and mountain activities.
We are a family owned private company and have been in operation since 1932. All Directors are family members and play an active role in the business.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated person for the position of Administration Manager to help us during this time of growth and improvement. This is a senior management role and will report to the National Shared Services Manager.
Your Primary Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Manage monthly accounting administration process across Purchasing, Asset Management, Accounts Payable, Accounts receivable, HR/Payroll & Properties.
- Management of End of month process completion, error checking and rectification.
- Management of the Chinderah Administration team having 3 team supervisors (AP,AR,HR/Payroll) & direct responsibility of the Purchasing/Asset Management Team.
- Provide assistance to the Company Accountant and CFO when required.
- Provide assistance to the broader company process improvement projects with the NSSM.
- Develop a thorough understanding of all company administration tasks including, but not limited to Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Purchasing, Payroll, insurance of company vehicles, motor vehicles accidents, all aspects of General ledger and accounting practices.
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are adhered to by Administration Staff.
- Provide and ensure adequate training is given to all Administration staff and ensure all staff are aware of accounting practices, including GST, depreciation, coding of expenses and capital items.
- Liaise with Branch Managers/Office Managers with regards to procedures in Administration/Customer Service when required.
You will be successful in this role if you have:
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics NAV or Large ERP Software will be highly regarded.
- Finance and Administration experience is necessary.
- Experience with multi-company / inter-company accounting and journals.
- Asset (truck) Maintenance and facilities management experience would be helpful.
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Thrive in a busy environment and have an ability to meet monthly deadlines.
- Above average communication skills.
- Good exception identification and data analytical skills.
- Successful staff management experience.
- Ability to motivate and create a team environment.
- Awareness of HR practices.
- A dedicated and committed work ethic.
Applicants should have solid Administration Management experience, and the willingness to learn the business from the ground up.
If you believe that you have the skills we require and are looking for a great career opportunity near the Gold Coast then simply click on "Apply". Please address each of the above requirements and outline the metrics associated with that requirement.
For more information call Christian on 02) 6674 7656
Please note – only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- How many years of business management experience do you have?