Instructional Designer (Permanent Position)
Advertiser: Australian Training ProductsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 22 Jan 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Workplace Training & Assessment
Your new company
Established by Innovation & Business Skills Australia (IBSA), Australian Training Products Pty Ltd (ATP) is the commercial arm of IBSA with a reputation for producing market leading, high quality learning and assessment resources for a range of occupations.
ATP is committed to developing excellent resources that enable best practice teaching and learning and facilitate compliance. ATP’s products are widely recognised for their integrity and adaptability.
ATP is focused on innovation and change in workplaces and the need to build skills and capability in these areas. Its own workplace reflects this focus. ATP aims to be flexible and innovative in thinking and practice, with people skilled to respond quickly to change and committed to building strong relationships with customers, industry and other stakeholders.
ATP requires people who can achieve results in an environment of shifting priorities and ambiguity, who are skilled at working both independently and as part of a team, have strong industry connections and capacity to build effective relationships with diverse stakeholders, can manage multiple roles and diverse projects and who see problem solving as a challenge which generates innovative responses.
Your new role
The position of Instructional Designer is an important role in the organisation and involves participating in the development of products and resources for sale and distribution. You will perform instructional design, content development and content validation in liaison with internal and external stakeholders. The role requires you to work within production timelines.
The role requires initiative, flexibility, cooperation and confidence in managing a diverse work load and changing priorities. Organisational and time management skills are crucial to this role along with strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Validation and quality assurance of draft and final product content in accordance with ATP standards
- Undertaking a range of product development activities, including instructional design, writing and modifying
- Developing training activities and assessments for both print and e-learning media
- Building and maintaining strong alliances with stakeholders
- Provision of reports and alerts to managers on issues associated with the status of commercial publications.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, or an equivalent or similar background in education
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in instructional design for VET
- Experience in developing content and assessments for BSB, SIT and TAE will be highly regarded
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Strong written and verbal English grammar, spelling, punctuation, usage & pronunciation
- Knowledge & application of adult learning principles
What you need to do now
If this sounds like you and you have the attitude and experience required please APPLY NOW. Applications close COB 12 February 2019.
Cover letter must accompany all applications.
If you have any questions regarding the role please contact Katherine Steward on (03) 9815 7050
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years' experience do you have in a training & development role?
- Do you have a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment?
- What's your highest level of education?